May 16 vs Georgia Tech 1pm ACCNX

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Canes win 5-4! I’m not crazy enough to say turning point, but if there was ever going to be one that rally would be it. Need to sort out the starting pitching.

After the debacle vs BC this was a solid series win vs a good ACC team

Needless to say that was a must-win series. Louisville just got swept by UNC this weekend. We have to go to their place but who knows it seems like a more winnable series than it would be in most years.
Louisville is 3-7 last 10 games. Swept by NC and Clemson. Was shocked to see GT started 7 Fr.

I just noticed this week that Palmquist calls his own pitches. Am I late to the party on seeing this?

Advertisement
Louisville is 3-7 last 10 games. Swept by NC and Clemson. Was shocked to see GT started 7 Fr.
Yeah the only thing that gives me pause is the fact that their offense is still dangerous and two of their starting pitchers are leftys. 18 wins probably gets us in

Nice win, Garland is a subpar ACC starter but a wins a win. Especially when we were written off in this game by most posters on Page 2.

Canes win 5-4! I’m not crazy enough to say turning point, but if there was ever going to be one that rally would be it. Need to sort out the starting pitching.
Not sure that is even possible (sorting SP) but if the bats get hot and Gino and JD keep short hooks on the starters (whomever the **** those are) we could be a scare on the postseason.

I go to Omaha every June, it's much more fun when my team is there, maybe they make a miracle run?

/the Thomas for Pit move was terrible

Advertisement
Needless to say that was a must-win series. Louisville just got swept by UNC this weekend. We have to go to their place but who knows it seems like a more winnable series than it would be in most years.
A series win would go a long way. Need a sweep to have any chance at the Coastal division.

Most importantly, the GT series win solitifies the NCAA post season. We're still struggling finding 3 quality starters. Smith is the only starter right now showing consistency. Bodanza and Palmquist have solitified late inning games and I feel we can ge 1-2 innings from whomever else is hot in relief.

So, it comes down to quality starts and hitting. Great to see Jenkins get going. We need a few other veterans to step up offensively and the team could make a some noise in the post season.

That and we look like a pee wee team doing that crap, I can't stand it
Wicho Hernandez said during the broadcast that he thought it was disrupting the pitcher's concentration and routine. I agree. I'm fine with it for everyone except the pitcher. Let the catcher give the normal signs to pitcher so he can stay focused on his target.

Advertisement
Back