May 16 vs Georgia Tech 1pm ACCNX

Advertisement
They got rid of the black box to signal what pitch to throw. I always thought the pitcher and catcher should work it out. They're big boys.
It blows my mind how at the highest level of college baseball, catchers aren’t trusted to call their own game. It’s 90% of schools too, not just us. I mean I was calling my own game from age 11 all the way until I quit catching. Even in juco when I pitched it was never like that.

Sort of a weird stat: Our opponents are fielding .979 against us in conference play but only two teams in the ACC (one of whom we haven’t played) field better than .977 in league play. Some of it probably speaks to the kind of contact we make and the lack of pressure it puts on defenses, but there’s a little bit of “the year nobody missed a field goal against us” vibe to the way everyone we play fields out of their minds.

Last edited:
I just noticed this week that Palmquist calls his own pitches. Am I late to the party on seeing this?
I think they just switched back to the catcher getting the signs from the dugout. I guess with Palmquist they do it in a way that doesn’t require the wrist band. Between that change and JD making the pitching changes starting yesterday, I wonder if Gino handed off pitching to JD entirely after Friday’s debacle.

Sounds like Garland starts again next weekend based on Gino’s review of his performance

Last edited:
Advertisement
Sort of a weird stat: Our opponents are fielding .979 against us in conference play but only two teams in the ACC (one of whom we haven’t played) field better than .977 in league play. Some of it probably speaks to the kind of contact we make and the lack of pressure it puts on defenses, but there’s a little bit of “the year nobody missed a field goal against us” vibe to the way everyone we play fields out of their minds.
Exactly. Lots of fly balls and strikeouts will boost percentages in a heart beat.

Nice win, Garland is a subpar ACC starter but a wins a win. Especially when we were written off in this game by most posters on Page 2.
Well there is this you know.

"Time for a major change. This is not acceptable. This sounds bad but I hope they don't win another game and miss the postseason. Talk about a bad look. This can't happen at Miami."

Advertisement
Back