Maudes . . . a humble suggestion

Advertisement
+1 for Transfer Portal subforum

The epic "Spring Transfer Portal" thread is at 160+ pgs. The tagging doesn't help you navigate through those pages

you no likey the "Portal" tag on posts? Clicking on the tag allows you to easily filter out non-portal threads.

At least for me, the problem is everyone's posting to the mega thread and not individual threads. It's okay to post in the mega thread when someone enters the portal, but then further discussion should go into an individual recruit thread with the portal tag.

I think the tools are there we're just not using them.

Advertisement
you no likey the "Portal" tag on posts? Clicking on the tag allows you to easily filter out non-portal threads.
I come on here and then to see what's happening with the portal and expect to find that on the main football board, but instead it's in the recruiting board, and then I find it hard to sift through what's HS recruiting and what's the current situation with a transfer portal target. Maybe I'm just old.

We do something similar with the high School recruit threads. They start of into a main poison board thread until someone visits, or posts a top five or a lot of discussion happens for a particular recruit. At that point a dedicated thread gets created

Last edited:
I have an even humbler suggestion...

@lindend for Maude! He has revitalized the Recruiting Board. Empower him to have the power to fix this with his powers.

What say you @RVACane ? @Andrew ? @DMoney ?

SuMEpH.gif

Advertisement
I have an even humbler suggestion...

@lindend for Maude! He has revitalized the Recruiting Board. Empower him to have the power to fix this with his powers.

What say you @RVACane ? @Andrew ? @DMoney ?

SuMEpH.gif
Yeah, I’m good with it. He’s a good dude and brings a lot. Additionally, he can fix things directly as needed.

Advertisement
I come on here and then to see what's happening with the portal and expect to find that on the main football board, but instead it's in the recruiting board, and then I find it hard to sift through what's HS recruiting and what's the current situation with a transfer portal target. Maybe I'm just old.

They just need to say it should be on the recruiting board and that's that. We don't need a whole extra forum. Change the recruiting board to "Player Acquisition Board" that covers HS and transfer recruiting and be an industry leader. :)

Advertisement
respectfully OP....the recruiting forum is what the other forums SHOULD look like...no need to go messing with it imo
and thanks to a few unselfish and clearly passionate posters - it's even better than it would be organically

respectfully OP....the recruiting forum is what the other forums SHOULD look like...no need to go messing with it imo
and thanks to a few unselfish and clearly passionate posters - it's even better than it would be organically
I know. That's why I said it's just a suggestion. I find it hard to sift through info I'm looking for but that may just be a me thing. If everyone likes it the way it is, so be it.

Advertisement
Back