Maturity

Canesfrom

Sophomore
Premium
If this game is close, it means we have matured. The equivalent game/hype last year was Notre dame where we dropped tds, had key holding penalties, personal fouls, etc. Any chance we had, we lost in the first quarter. Then we got blown out. Immaturity abound, we folded under pressure.

If we can avoid the MEs as golden calls them, we will hang around. I think the home crowd and heat will work in our favor.

God I hope these guys come out with a chip on their shoulder. C'mon golden, put that psyche degree to work!

Advertisement
That's the game I look back at last year and compare it to. Tons of hype against a team with a great defense and a mediocre offense that likes to run the ball. Do we make plays when they present themselves and do we capitalize when they make mistakes? If we don't, you can expect a similar outcome to the game in Chicago

Florida plays in many more big games each year... They are battle tested. I don't think we are.

Advertisement
Florida plays in many more big games each year... They are battle tested. I don't think we are.

We are battle tested, only problem is our tests have had one outcome, blowout losses.

We are not win tested.

Bottom line, if we can't show up now in Golden's third year, against the weakest Gatas team we could hope to face, then there is a question of if we ever will show up. (granted, we can win the Coastal and be kings of a bad division, but can we actually win a big game? THAT is the question)

Last edited:
Comes down to first downs by driskel and bone head plays by us (TO, penalties, missed assignments)

They don't break any big plays unless we give it to them
Morris, special teams and foolish D penalties would be our undoing

Comes down to first downs by driskel and bone head plays by us (TO, penalties, missed assignments)

They don't break any big plays unless we give it to them
Morris, special teams and foolish D penalties would be our undoing

Yep. if we let Driskell jog for 15 yards on every 3rd down, its a blowout.

You guys love cliches don't you? Battle tested, playing with more heart, they just want it more. Stuff like that. Florida has at least 12 new starters for this season, Miami returns 18 starters. We will see if that matters n Saturday.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back