Matt Rhule would be an excellent HC hire.

FrancisSawyer

All American
Premium
Rhule has proven he has the coaching chops necessary to get a shot to resurrect the moribund program that is Miami Football. Back to back 10 win seasons at Temple in his 3rd and 4th years there after 2 wins in year 1 and 6 wins in year 2. He then follows that up by taking over a toxic Baylor program and after 1 win in his first year he went 7-6 the next season and is 11-1 so far in his 3rd year wiIth the only loss to a close one to Oklahoma. Yeah I think the dude can coach. Too bad he signed an extension through 2027.

The following is just for fun. I'm bored to death and sick of discussing Mandy, **** and Faker. This season and this program suck so excuse me as I knowingly enter Fantasyland.

The type of staff I would like to see at Miami is as follows

Matt Rhule-or-Mario Cristobal-or-Mike Norvell-or Mike Leach Head Coach
David Yost-or Graham Harrell or Chad Morris OC QB Coach Passing game coordinator
Steven Addazio or Bill Bedenbaugh or Jeff Montgomery or Matt Luke- Asst HC/OL /Running game coordinator

Charlie Strong- Defensive Coordinator
Kevin Patrick- Defensive Line

I left a few position spots open because to be honest, I'm not that familiar will most of the position coaches out there and I want you guys to help me fill in the rest. I also need help with more DC candidates.

I was also going to do another one with Mario Cristobal as the head coach since getting Mario is much more realistic than getting Rhule who will probably go to the NFL so I just did the either/or thing instead.

Advertisement
So, OP is clearly giving Diaz 2-3 years to get things going at Miami.

I mean, It took Rhule 2 years to get to 6 wins ... Diaz did it in year 1.

Advertisement
Rhule isn’t reporting to Jake Blames and Strawley there is no way in **** that is happening. If you cleaned house perhaps he would listen but don’t count on this happening either.

If you are a BOT member that cares anything at all about winning you gauge interest of a a guy like Rhule or Campbell taking the job on the condition Blames and Strawley are “reassigned”.

If you totally fumigate the place it’s possible (not probable) that you could get interest from a big name coach. However this would require a total tear down from top to bottom. This is the lowest this program has ever been and it just keeps getting worse.

I like the enthusiasm. We are not making 1 change this offseason. This is Manny’s decision. So you can control what you can. Save your money.

Rhule has proven he has the coaching chops necessary to get a shot to resurrect the moribund program that is Miami Football. Back to back 10 win seasons at Temple in his 3rd and 4th years there after 2 wins in year 1 and 6 wins in year 2. He then follows that up by taking over a toxic Baylor program and after 1 win in his first year he went 7-6 the next season and is 11-1 so far in his 3rd year wiIth the only loss to a close one to Oklahoma. Yeah I think the dude can coach. Too bad he signed an extension through 2027.

The following is just for fun. I'm bored to death and sick of discussing Mandy, **** and Faker. This season and this program suck so excuse me as I knowingly enter Fantasyland.

David Yost-or Graham Harrell or Chad Morris OC QB Coach Passing game coordinator
Steven Addazio or Bill Bedenbaugh or Jeff Montgomery or Matt Luke- Asst HC/OL /Running game coordinator

I left a few position spots open because to be honest, I'm not that familiar will most of the position coaches out there and I want you guys to help me fill in the rest. I also need help with more DC candidates.

I was also going to do another one with Mario Cristobal as the head coach since getting Mario is much more realistic than getting Rhule who will probably go to the NFL so I just did the either/or thing instead.
I like a lot of your choices, However, I would go with Charlie Partridge for DL.

Advertisement
Rhule isn’t reporting to Jake Blames and Strawley there is no way in **** that is happening. If you cleaned house perhaps he would listen but don’t count on this happening either.

If you are a BOT member that cares anything at all about winning you gauge interest of a a guy like Rhule or Campbell taking the job on the condition Blames and Strawley are “reassigned”.

If you totally fumigate the place it’s possible (not probable) that you could get interest from a big name coach. However this would require a total tear down from top to bottom. This is the lowest this program has ever been and it just keeps getting worse.

Miami aside, Rhule would never leave Baylor for UM—as Baylor has become a more premier program over the past decade.

Between the millions that alumni have pumped into that program, to what Art Briles went on to build—winning the Big XII back-to-back years in 2013-2014—while the Canes have won one Coastal Division in 16 tries?

I love all this "turnaround" talk with the Rhule narrative. Briles went 32-7 over his final three seasons, before Jim Grobe served as a one-year place holder, going 7-6 before Rhule was hired.

Dude goes 1-11 out the gate and 7-6 this year—despite taking over a program in much better shape (as there was zero real fallout from the sexual abuse scandal)—and finally turned it around year three .... but these same people clamoring for him around here want to run Diaz off after 7-6?

You don't get it both ways; you can't **** on a Miami program that was 7-9 the past 16 games before Diaz showed up, but then praise some fake-*** Baylor turnaround when Rhule went 1-11—with losses to Liberty and UTSA—with a program that Briles was running at a high level literally two years before he showed up.

Another indictment on Blake James is giving Manny a 5 year contract. If Blake had some balls he would of told Manny he gets a 2 year try out contract or UM is looking elsewhere. Manny would of taken it. Universities need to stop at giving these long term contracts out to every coach, whether they are tenured or not. There is no guarantee that your coach doesn't bolt even though you sign them up for 5 years. There is only a negative, having to buy them out if they fail.

Signed,

Peruche

Advertisement
Miami aside, Rhule would never leave Baylor for UM—as Baylor has become a more premier program over the past decade.

Between the millions that alumni have pumped into that program, to what Art Briles went on to build—winning the Big XII back-to-back years in 2013-2014—while the Canes have won one Coastal Division in 16 tries?

I love all this "turnaround" talk with the Rhule narrative. Briles went 32-7 over his final three seasons, before Jim Grobe served as a one-year place holder, going 7-6 before Rhule was hired.

Dude goes 1-11 out the gate and 7-6 this year—despite taking over a program in much better shape (as there was zero real fallout from the sexual abuse scandal)—and finally turned it around year three .... but these same people clamoring for him around here want to run Diaz off after 7-6?

You don't get it both ways; you can't **** on a Miami program that was 7-9 the past 16 games before Diaz showed up, but then praise some fake-*** Baylor turnaround when Rhule went 1-11—with losses to Liberty and UTSA—with a program that Briles was running at a high level literally two years before he showed up.

Egg-Zack-Lee, Rhule ain't beat nobody.

Except, you would have to pay to get rid of Manny Diaz. And then you would have to pay Rhule's buyout, which is pretty **** expensive

Lol, keep dreaming bruh.

Advertisement
Except, you would have to pay to get rid of Manny Diaz. And then you would have to pay Rhule's buyout, which is pretty **** expensive

Lol, keep dreaming bruh.
Ok bruh but maybe you missed the part in my post where I said I was entering Fantasyland.

Advertisement
Back