Matt Porter's Take @ Midpoint

Lmfao at a lot hope for this program. Matt Porter is a dumbass.

Miami football is dead. That's not changing until the decision makers start giving a **** about Miami football.

Advertisement
There is Broke slurping ALbortion.

How many called back TDs got ALbortion his 6-7 season last year?

Was the reason Al allowed over 90 points to Duke and VT (in 2013) because of called back TDs?
Broke does have a good point though

What is his good point? That penalties can negate a big play?
You cant win with giving up almost a football field in penalties against a decent team no matter who the coach is, and we probably win the cinncy game if not for the punt return being called back. Key word, PROBABLY. We are dealing with Golden. No way am i blaming that for the L though

You don't have the penalties on a well coached team is the thing I look at, and we all know that penalties are not why we are a losing team. (yes, losing) How do you explain the fact that we are at midpoint of the season, (4-2) and this guy is trying to sell next year as "the year" it turns around "with" Al? Why not this year? He gonna learn how to do it this offseason? The team is always out coached, out of position, out game planned, out executed, lose in every aspect but talent! That got you to 4 wins. In spite of Al, not because. Get these kids a real coach! Yesterday!
Nowhere did me nor brock say the penalties or are why we lost. We all know its cause we have fat al. We both simply said penalties killed us. Is that not true? Geez, this board takes every little thing someone says and runs with it

Last edited:
5. Kick game (mostly) consistent. A good sign in UM’s win over Virginia Tech: sophomore Jon Semerene did not kick one out of bounds, and . That was the only sore spot in the Hurricanes’ kicking game, which has greatly helped an inconsistent team. Punter Justin Vogel regularly flips the field, and kicker Michael Badgley has made several gutsy kicks. He is an ACC-best 15-of-16 from 49 yards or less (he has missed twice from 50-plus and once from 24).

lol. 5th best thing about the game is we didn't kick it ob on the kickoff.

Advertisement
Al kills us! Period... Everything wrong with this team starts with Al, ends with Al and is AL! Why is Porter mailing in this season already? We could finish 12-2 still. That's top 5, and all of us would be happy. Even him, trying to bring a positive to the situation, is wanting to look to yet another year, NEXT year. Enough is enough, 5 years is plenty

I got losses to Duke and Pitt and the only way they beat Carolina is if Fedora and Marquise Williams go all Larry Fedora and Marquise Williams on the game...which is likely.

I got em 8-4 with 7-5 being a very distinct possibility.

We usually rape GT at home

5tds called back... You can't win like that. If it wasn't holding on that punt return for touchdown at Cincy Miami would 5-1 right now in the top 20

Was the reason Al allowed over 90 points to Duke and VT (in 2013) because of called back TDs?

You cant win with giving up almost a football field in penalties against a decent team no matter who the coach is, and we probably win the cinncy game if not for the punt return being called back. Key word, PROBABLY. We are dealing with Golden. No way am i blaming that for the L though

Who gives a ***? Do whatever you want, blame whoever you want.

Advertisement

Obviously everyone here if they are posting

Obviously everyone here if they are posting

No. Who gives a *** about a TD being called back....As if that is the reason that ALbortion went 6-7 last year. Or allowed 90 points to Duke and VT in 2013? Or allowed 40+ on 3 consecutive weeks in 2013? Or why he blows period?

3. Linebacker depth. After losing starting middle linebacker and senior captain Raphael Kirby, the Hurricanes have lost someone in the two-deep at three of the four linebacker spots. In addition to Kirby (knee), the losses of sophomores Darrion Owens (knee) and Marques Gayot (neck) have turned Mike linebacker Juwon Young into a starter (a positive, perhaps); Rush linebacker Trent Harris (team-high 2.5 sacks) into a part-time Sam and Mike; senior Sam Tyriq McCord into a part-time Will; and placed a greater importance on the good health of starting Will Jermaine Grace. Because UM will not be able to survive playing a rotation of four linebackers at Mike, Sam and Will, Kirby’s injury will also force untested first- and second-year inside linebackers Mike Smith, Terry McCray, Charles Perry and James King to grow up fast. Good thing Muhammad and Harris have emerged as standout Rush linebackers.

Trent Harris to SAM I like that... It would keep AQM and Chad on the field more...

with him....All three on the field together is actually pretty good imo..

Advertisement
It's actually a pretty fair assessment aside from the part about any future that includes Golden being bright. No pun intended.

Advertisement
5tds called back... You can't win like that. If it wasn't holding on that punt return for touchdown at Cincy Miami would 5-1 right now in the top 20

There is no excuse to lose to that bad of a Cincy team with a first time starting freshman at QB. None. Even if we had beaten them (which should be a given), I wouldn't even be impressed if we beat a very average FSU team and was ranked in the top 12-15. Our schedule is pathetically weak so far this year.. the only thing more pathetic is having 2 losses already. Corching at its finest.

There is no excuse to lose to that bad of a Cincy team with a first time starting freshman at QB. None. Even if we had beaten them (which should be a given), I wouldn't even be impressed if we beat a very average FSU team and was ranked in the top 12-15. Our schedule is pathetically weak so far this year.. the only thing more pathetic is having 2 losses already. Corching at its finest.

Absolutely

The
Final thought
If the Hurricanes can manage to keep it together through a challenging schedule – and thus, keep its coach employed – the future looks bright.

This idiot thinks the future looks bright with Golden?
You gotta remember: This is the guy who recently started following Miami the last couple years, because his son goes there.

That's true, though the kid graduated in 4 years

BTW, editors , that paragraph was Porter's not mine

Advertisement
Back