Matt Porter Interview with Goldielocks

Advertisement
Blah blah blah. When you have nothing to say, BAFFLE THEM WITH BULLSCHITT!.

Our "positive" CORCH is positively ruining The Former U. Let him try and fill seats with the ever diminishing number of slurpers, as we continue to be the doormats of the ACC.

The Emperor has no clothes.

Next year:
4 or 5 wins, bowl ineligible
Last in Coastal, again
No bowl to lose - that's a plus
Contract extension

Blah blah blah BULLSCHITT.

Our "positive" CORCH is positively ruining The Former U. Let him try and fill seats with the ever diminishing number of slurpers, as we continue to be the doormats of the ACC.

The Emperor has no clothes.

Next year:
4 or 5 wins, bowl ineligible
Last in Coastal, again
No bowl to lose - that's a plus
Contract extension

That is pretty much exactly what Ive been saying 4 games likely, 5 games max. and this dude makes me want to drop kick baby kittens.

Advertisement
On mannys interview with golden

"Does that include changing defensive scheme? "Oh sure," Golden said.
"http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiami/2015/01/golden-talks-dallas-trip-making-changes-for-2015-the-new-testaverde-and-more.html

Hope that's what I think it means...

If he can't take the heat he needs to step out of the kitchen... Not give us his recipe for another **** sandwich.

“What good does it do being negative?” he said. “Being negative, being frustrated, none of that is going to help the Miami Hurricanes. None of it’s going to help us move forward. Certainly, it’s not going to help develop our young people into the type of players and team they want to be.

He speaketh the truth here

Advertisement
if he is going to dallas and trying to learn, i am actually encouraged. he def needs to fire franklin and williams. KEVIN PATRICK

Lmao this blame the fans campaign tour is hilarious. I've never seen a more unprofessional athletic department.

“What good does it do being negative?” he said. “Being negative, being frustrated, none of that is going to help the Miami Hurricanes. None of it’s going to help us move forward. Certainly, it’s not going to help develop our young people into the type of players and team they want to be.

It's not going to hurt, either. And frankly, it's insulting that he'd try to deflect responsibility for making them better to the fans, rather than his staff.
It's like saying "What good does it do eating a ham sandwich?” he said. “Eating a ham sandwich, none of that is going to help the Miami Hurricanes. None of it’s going to help us move forward. Certainly, it’s not going to help develop our young people into the type of players and team they want to be."

Well yeah, but I was hungry. So I ate one. We're all hungry, Al.

Advertisement

Well it looks like he thinks that the type of player they want to be in non-aggressive and mediocre, because that is how he has developed them. So once again, **** him.

I'm a Dolphins fan, but I was born in Dallas and loved Irvin and Aikman and Emmitt when I was a kid, so I root on the Cowboys, as well.

Point being, I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY LET AL AROUND MY BOYS BEFORE A BOUT WITH GREEN BAY. GOD **** IT.

Dallas is doomed.

Thanks, Al.

matt porter didnt even know charles perry was an EE. not relying on him for a tough interview.

Advertisement
I'm a Dolphins fan, but I was born in Dallas and loved Irvin and Aikman and Emmitt when I was a kid, so I root on the Cowboys, as well.

Point being, I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY LET AL AROUND MY BOYS BEFORE A BOUT WITH GREEN BAY. GOD **** IT.

Dallas is doomed.

Thanks, Al.

doesnt dallas run a 3-4? maybe he is looking for help. lol

It's not going to hurt, either. And frankly, it's insulting that he'd try to deflect responsibility for making them better to the fans, rather than his staff.
It's like saying "What good does it do eating a ham sandwich?” he said. “Eating a ham sandwich, none of that is going to help the Miami Hurricanes. None of it’s going to help us move forward. Certainly, it’s not going to help develop our young people into the type of players and team they want to be."

Point to where in the article you think he's deflecting responsibility for making them better to the fans.

There is ample reasons to be critical of Golden and this staff without having to just make stuff up and try to spin every comment that he makes into a negative. It's rather silly.

Dallas is doomed.

Thanks, Al.

Jerry made AG agree to certain restrictions before allowing him in the facility:
enhanced-5138-1395783819-1.jpg

Point to where in the article you think he's deflecting responsibility for making them better to the fans.

There is ample reasons to be critical of Golden and this staff without having to just make stuff up and try to spin every comment that he makes into a negative. It's rather silly.

He's saying "Being negative isn't going to help these players." The statement, read on its face, asserts that fan negativity does not help football players get better.

Fan negativity =/= player improvement.

Is there anyone here who would logically believe that fan negativity makes players worse? Does it lead to decreased development? No. Exactly. No one in their right mind would make that argument. So OF COURSE fans being negative shouldn't affect their development either. Conversely, fan positivity does not magically make players better. If everyone suddenly decided to hold hands and yell "let's go 'canes!" at the top of their lungs, it's not going to make Joe Yearby break any extra tackles or Jamal Carter hawk down any more interceptions. It's not going to make them faster and stronger or better on the field in any capacity. Therefore, we can conclude that the attitude of the fanbase has absolutely no bearing on player improvement.

So looking back on what he said, it seems pretty nonsensical to basically admonish the fanbase by saying "hey, being negative doesn't help." Well no ****. It doesn't do anything at all. The attitude of the fans has nothing to do with team performance. The team performance however, DOES affect the attitude of the fans. He seems to have it backwards.

he's right. it's not good to be negative. So fix it so we don't have to be negative any more. Do your job, Al. Don't sit there and try to tug at our heartstrings by making a fallacy of a connection between fan attitude and team performance. The players are there so YOU can mold them into the players they want to be. Don't get it twisted.

Advertisement
Back