Matt Miller 2018 seven-round mock draft (2/5)

Advertisement
somebody gets a steal in berrios imo

This is also pre-combine. The thing holding his draft stock back is that he's really short - he measured in sub 5'9" (5085 which means 5 feet 8 and 5/8ths inches) a the senior bowl which really is bad.

I think he will kill the shuttle/3cone drill. This will probably be his most important performance (as well at the positional drills to not drop balls) because you can't be short and not quick if you hope to play out of the slot.

I'd bet he gets >37" Vert which would be great for him especially at his height. He'll never be a guy that goes up and makes leaping catches over defenders, but at least this will show teams he's explosive, and not completely limited by his height.

He also needs to stay under 4.55 40 time. He can't be slow basically. If he can run a great 40 time and show teams he can be a vertical threat that would really help his draft stock.

The Bucs could use one of our Dlineman. But I’m sure we will waste the picks to take our guys on a olineman from West Bumbafuk University....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
berrios had elite testing numbers coming to UM. if he shows out at the combine and gets a 40inch vert and sub 3.85 20 yard shuttle he should attract a lot of interest as a slot guy...dude doesn't get outworked either. should be a steal in the 6th

Lol at all these stupid fools talking about Norton is a 6th or 7th round draft pick... clueless mfkrs

This is just mock draft bs before the real evaluations begin.... Kendrick Norton and RJ McIntosh both getting drafted by the 2nd round and Chad Thomas jumping to the 1st.

Advertisement
Lol at all these stupid fools talking about Norton is a 6th or 7th round draft pick... clueless mfkrs

This is just mock draft bs before the real evaluations begin.... Kendrick Norton and RJ McIntosh both getting drafted by the 2nd round and Chad Thomas jumping to the 1st.

Yeah...none of that is going to happen.

This is also pre-combine. The thing holding his draft stock back is that he's really short - he measured in sub 5'9" (5085 which means 5 feet 8 and 5/8ths inches) a the senior bowl which really is bad.

I think he will kill the shuttle/3cone drill. This will probably be his most important performance (as well at the positional drills to not drop balls) because you can't be short and not quick if you hope to play out of the slot.

I'd bet he gets >37" Vert which would be great for him especially at his height. He'll never be a guy that goes up and makes leaping catches over defenders, but at least this will show teams he's explosive, and not completely limited by his height.

He also needs to stay under 4.55 40 time. He can't be slow basically. If he can run a great 40 time and show teams he can be a vertical threat that would really help his draft stock.

It's not just his height...he's got 28" arms. When you're short, and you got t-Rex arms, teams don't like that. Plus he struggles staying healthy. He should find a role somewhere, but it's gonna be a struggle.

Really hope the Ravens end up drafting at least one of these Canes either McIntosh, Norton or Walton.

Ozzie Newsome has gotten too old & stuck in his ways, all he wants to do is draft Bama players, the Ravens haven't done sh*t as an organization without great Hurricane presence.

Chad's best fit scheme wise imo would be a team like Carolina or Seattle, hope a 3-4 team doesn't draft him. Cowboys are a 4-3 under Marinelli don't know if they need a DE though.

I think post combine will move RJ & Chad up every teams board, they're really going to impress teams with their athleticism & Major 9 will really kill it in the interviews.

Advertisement
Really hope the Ravens end up drafting at least one of these Canes either McIntosh, Norton or Walton.

Ozzie Newsome has gotten too old & stuck in his ways, all he wants to do is draft Bama players, the Ravens haven't done sh*t as an organization without great Hurricane presence.

Chad's best fit scheme wise imo would be a team like Carolina or Seattle, hope a 3-4 team doesn't draft him. Cowboys are a 4-3 under Marinelli don't know if they need a DE though.

I think post combine will move RJ & Chad up every teams board, they're really going to impress teams with their athleticism & Major 9 will really kill it in the interviews.

Didn't Ozzie step down (fired) from his gm duties?

I'm hoping Raiders get Chad in the 3rd.

It's not just his height...he's got 28" arms. When you're short, and you got t-Rex arms, teams don't like that. Plus he struggles staying healthy. He should find a role somewhere, but it's gonna be a struggle.

yeah. His overall length might honestly be the worst of any WR in the entire draft.

Advertisement

Didn't Ozzie step down (fired) from his gm duties?
Yeah, he'll be retiring at the end of the 2018 season, but pretty much all personnel decisions have been handed over to Eric DeCosta the assistant GM. Bischotti said Ozzie will still have a consultant role with the team, he'll basically be the Chief of scouting, but drafting & Free agency is no longer his responsibility.

Ozzie was one of the best GM's in the league for several years, I love the guy & he absolutely built the Ravens into a legit Super Bowl contender in the prime of his career as an executive. But since the 2012 SB, it just hasn't worked out & the team hasn't been viable in the AFC for far too long due to bad drafting for the last 6 years. He was great, but it was time to pass the baton.

Last edited:
If Chad goes to my boys I'd be ecstatic. Dallas hasn't drafted a Miami player since I was sucking my moms **** for milk.

yeah. His overall length might honestly be the worst of any WR in the entire draft.

He didn’t have the same production, but that’s slightly taller and slightly longer arm length than Ryan Switzer who went in the 4th last year

Advertisement
Back