matt erdman

ben

Senior
Premium
another walk-on freshman listed on the roster on hurricanesports ... played lb at cardinal newman in sc ... anyone heard of him?

Advertisement
Advertisement
That video and the description from the op don't dadup. If your talking about the player from the video then I wouldn't expect him to do anything. Melbourne Central Catholic doesn't play anybody good and he's not div. 1 material. His dad is quite popular in Brevard County though.

Advertisement
Runs like a young Tebow

Watching, before I read your reply, I was thinking the same thing!

His pass protection was the most porous I think I've seen, and considering he seemed to be running for his life trying to get a pass off - he's got a good arm and the touch as well.

Wow.

At some point one of these kids will turn into an excellent player for us. It's gambling to try and predict who. You will know very early in their careers though. These types aren't developed they just have what it takes. Kids like this get missed all the time. One of the most common traits among them is a change of position. Like this kid, going from QB to just having to play LB. The other thing is the ability to put on size. If this kid shows up at a good 215-220, that would be a start.

Advertisement
Are we sure that this is the same kid, post says he played lb at cardinal newman in sc. This kid played QB at MCC, also saw a video on another site of Matt playing LB.

Why not? Walk-ons are to college football what sparring partners are for a boxer. They're great to have in August and when you're preparing for games. Take all the decent walk-ons we can get our hands on. They'll only make our team better.

And who knows, maybe a few of them can contribute this year as well on the field. I know we got some special teams contribution from Fentress and maybe a couple others last year.

http://youtu.be/Ih5LrsEaCIk

well if its this kid... i dont want him... not UM material

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back