Matchups you're most looking forward to in UF game

I feel like our OL vs their DL is going to be very telling for the gaytor. I know our DL will cause havoc for Franks though our ability to stop the run is also a big key.
Yea, havoc for Franks means less time to throw, disrupting plays, turnovers, punts etc. Defense can render offenses ineffective right... well at least enough so that our offense can get their chance to prove they have a scheme to put points on the board on a known good team. On 8/24 we will see who has a better team... just 47 days.

Advertisement
I think JW is the only QB we have that is accurate enough to lead this team where we want to go. I've thought that when I first saw film and I still haven't seen anything from the other two to change my mind. If I was coaching last year I would have looked at maybe 3 practices and then tossed the ball to Jarren and said now we work to get you as good as possible and he would have taken every 1st team snap from then on. We would be in good shape this year and could not have done any worse last year.
I've thought this about Jarren since I said he'd be the one to eventually win the job last year after the spring. The skills are there, & I think he's our most well-rounded QB in terms of accuracy, arm strength & mobility. However, if he doesn't show the staff he has what it takes upstairs as far as playbook knowledge, leadership, moxie & the ability to process reads quickly, his tools won't matter. The fact that, with those tools, he still hasn't taken command & locked down QB1 tells me he's still developing in those areas. The bottom line for Jarren? The fact that we brought in a mobile QB whose mental game appears to be among his strongest traits means he needs to come around when practice begins in a few weeks or stay on the bench. For the most part, he's not even being talked about as a candidate to start vs UF, which should be all the fuel he needs to step on the gas & give himself the best chance to put his skills on display.

Last edited:
Idk if there’s a thread ab it already floating around, but what side is the Miami side

I want to see us utilize a strong running game via DJ, CamRon and hopefully Lingard and perhaps Burns. I think CamRon is going to be a surprise. This will take pressure off our QB's. Balance is important. Also want to see our RB's taking passes out of the backfield. Running game, TE passes and then the big bomb to JT or Osborne.

Agreed, I think our ability to rush, control tempo and clock are going to be huge offensively. We show the ability to gash them for runs early means their safeties will cheat up even more closely to the LOS, allowing Brevin, Will, KJ, and JT time to get over the top for plays that might normally go 15-20yds into huge gains. Defensively I’m looking at our front 7, in particular the newly minted DT’s to see how we hold up against their runs, screen game, and reverses. We hold up in this regard, we’ll force them into more 3rd and long’s than Mullet will be comfortable with, causing him to press calling plays that could lead right into our hands. Lastly, I want some vicious hits on Franks early, especially right up the middle, or forcing him outside into the waiting arms of our DE’s and LB’s. Rattle him early, and often, lock down their rushing game, and Mullet and the Gayturd will have a beautifully long and brutal night.

Advertisement
Special Teams. I LOVE both our kicker McPherson and our punter Towsend. Our KR game hasn't been all that great with Swain back there which is why I hope they replace him with someone else. Swain is an ok to solid PR but not an explosive one who can make something out of nothing. Field position is going to be the key at least early on imo to establish a bit of momentum.

I've thought this about Jarren since I said he'd be the one to eventually win the job last year after the spring. The skills are there, & I think he's our most well-rounded QB in terms of accuracy, arm strength & mobility. However, if he doesn't show the staff he has what it takes upstairs as far as playbook knowledge, leadership, moxie & the ability to process reads quickly, his tools won't matter. The fact that, with those tools, he still hasn't taken command & locked down QB1 tells me he's still developing in those areas. The bottom line for Jarren? The fact that we brought in a mobile QB whose mental game appears to be among his strongest traits means he needs to come around when practice begins in a few weeks or he'll be sitting/transferring before long. For the most part, he's not even being talked about as a candidate to start vs UF, which should be all the fuel he needs to step on the gas & give himself the best chance to put his skills on display.
I don't think Jarren was given any sort of a fair chance to win the job last year and got discouraged. He felt he was better than the other guys by a mile but wasn't given a chance. If he gets a fair shot this year I think his accuracy and quick reads will win him the position.

Special Teams. I LOVE both our kicker McPherson and our punter Towsend. Our KR game hasn't been all that great with Swain back there which is why I hope they replace him with someone else. Swain is an ok to solid PR but not an explosive one who can make something out of nothing. Field position is going to be the key at least early on imo to establish a bit of momentum.
Glad you love your punter. Lord knows you'll need him, or her, whichever the case may be.

Advertisement
I've thought this about Jarren since I said he'd be the one to eventually win the job last year after the spring. The skills are there, & I think he's our most well-rounded QB in terms of accuracy, arm strength & mobility. However, if he doesn't show the staff he has what it takes upstairs as far as playbook knowledge, leadership, moxie & the ability to process reads quickly, his tools won't matter. The fact that, with those tools, he still hasn't taken command & locked down QB1 tells me he's still developing in those areas. The bottom line for Jarren? The fact that we brought in a mobile QB whose mental game appears to be among his strongest traits means he needs to come around when practice begins in a few weeks or he'll be sitting/transferring before long. For the most part, he's not even being talked about as a candidate to start vs UF, which should be all the fuel he needs to step on the gas & give himself the best chance to put his skills on display.

It doesn’t matter whether we’re talking about Jarren or not. What matters is does Enos and Manny think he can lead us to wins. That’s the bottom line.

He may end up being the guy. Who knows?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back