Mass Shooting in Jacksonville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

reg

Sophomore
For those that live in Jax or have family and friends in Jax, stay away from the downtown area this afternoon, and/or call your family and friends and have them to do the same.

There was mass shooting that took place about an hour ago. I myself was about to head that way before I got a text from my uncle.

It's fresh, so there are not a lot of details. What has been confirmed thus far, is 11 have been shot and 4 are dead. One of the suspects is also dead. The authorities are thinking there may be multiple shooters. A lot of people are still in the area, hiding and waiting for police to officially clear the area.

I just wanted to get this out to everyone as quickly as possible. Please spread the word to anyone that lives in Jax.

Stay safe!

Last edited:
Advertisement
We're going to be a 3rd world country in a decade at this rate.

Advertisement
download (1).jpg

This is getting out of hand. Sad...coming from someone who has put his life on the line for this country and has lasting injuries as a result of whooping it on overseas, this is truly infuriating and depressing. Personally, I have a concealed carry permit. I don't fück around with my families life or mine. Been through too much to have some idiot take my life here at home, when I have made it through some truly horrifying experiences overseas. If it's them or me, better believe it's going to be them. RIP to those that lost their lives over senseless violence. **** shame.

Stay safe my Canes brothers and sisters.

I can smell a political thread in the making — time to abort mission.

News reporting shooter played and lost in the Madden tournament .

Over a fux*ing video game. Prayers to those shot and their families

Advertisement
Early reports say 4 dead. Shooter killed himself. Others are wounded.

Advertisement
Why the **** is this on CIS?
I started the thread for safety reasons, not for political agendas. As I mentioned, I was about to head to the same area prior to my uncle reaching out to me to give me a heads up regarding the shooting. There were/are still people locked in buildings and rooms near the crime scene, just waiting for authorities to announce that it is safe to come out. There was/is speculation that there may be multiple shooters.

This is a message board, in which several members on this board live in Jacksonville. Any and all platforms that can be used, should be used as a way to communicate in efforts to make sure that people are aware and safe. This includes a football message board.

That is why this is on CIS.

Advertisement
I started the thread for safety reasons, not for political agendas. As I mentioned, I was about to head to the same area prior to my uncle reaching out to me to give me a heads up regarding the shooting. There were/are still people locked in buildings and rooms near the crime scene, just waiting for authorities to announce that it is safe to come out. There was/is speculation that there may be multiple shooters.

This is a message board, in which several members on this board live in Jacksonville. Any and all platforms that can be used, should be used as a way to communicate in efforts to make sure that people are aware and safe. This includes a football message board.

That is why this is on CIS.

I understand why someone would question it, because of the way these things deteriorate. But, I definitely understand why you started the thread, for safety and community reasons, although now that it looks like we know what happened here, i.e., some ****ed off crazy guy, and now that it looks like it’s probably under control, it’s probably a good time for this thread to end before turns into a political ****ing contest.

Right, I get it OP but this will inevitably devolve into political bull****. And let’s be real, it seems weird to me that someone in Jax is going to find out about a shooting in Jax from CIS, but whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back