Maryland Commit Hyppolite Talks Recruitment, Official Visits

View as article

Matthew_Suero

Junior
Premium
This offseason in South Florida high school football, like most offseasons, saw a ton of players transferring schools. One of the most impactful transfers was 2020 linebacker Ruben Hyppolite transferring from American Heritage to McArthur. With Hyppolite and others joining a McArthur team that was already one of the best in Broward a year ago, the expectations are extremely high. Hyppolite is trying to take all of that in stride.

“The expectations are really just to come in and just play our game. Me coming in and bringing my leadership. Show these guys how to win and the right way to win. Just take it step by step, day by day, and we will be fine.”

Hyppolite received a lot of hype this offseason, getting a bump to 4-star status in the rankings, and he is looking to back it up on the field this season.

“This season I am looking to have a breakout year. This is my last year so just show out and give my best effort each and every play, each and every down.”

Hyppolite, a Maryland commit, pulled the trigger back in April when he visited for their spring game.

“Maryland was already my top school. When I went up there for the spring game and just saw it and met the people, it was everything I wanted in a school. Also, I did not want to wait too long because I wanted to commit and bring players along that I wanted to play with.”

Despite being committed to Maryland, plenty of schools are still chasing after Hyppolite.

“Every school that offered me. Alabama, basically all the in-state schools. Also, Penn State.”

Some of these schools will have a shot at flipping Hyppolite since he is going to be taking all five of his official visits. He already has three locked in.

“Maryland for sure. Penn State and Alabama for sure as well. The other two I will set up later.”

One of the schools in the running for one of those two final officials is the hometown Hurricanes who stayed in contact with Hyppolite even after he committed to Maryland.

“Miami stayed in contact for sure. Coach Hickson kept contacting me and we have been talking for a little bit.” Hyppolite continued, “I might pop out and take a couple of visits to Miami.”

Hyppolite plans on signing in December and early enrolling at his school of choice. At the Opening Miami Regional back in February, he recorded a 4.54 40 time, a 4.40 shuttle, and a 31.50 inch vertical leap.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Weird recruitment. Will be interesting to see if he sticks with Maryland. Also Hickson is the lead on this? I know it’s not always their direct position coach but interesting it’s our RB coach.

Weird recruitment. Will be interesting to see if he sticks with Maryland. Also Hickson is the lead on this? I know it’s not always their direct position coach but interesting it’s our RB coach.
Looking at his officials I would say he has the same chance to stick that Walker did.

Advertisement
Advertisement
A lot can change between now and December. Staff job to recruit all top unsigned talent they want regardless of status. That said, this kid seems pretty committed to Maryland and their coach.

Ya it's whatever, if he doesn't come to UM so be it...To each their own, but you have to be either an idiot or bought to be sold on Maryland or the idiot Locksley.

Advertisement
Kid has no love for the hometown team
It reads to me as though he wants to leave Florida and right now his best out of state offer is Maryland. That can change with Bama or PSU but i’d be shocked if he ended up in Florida after reading these comments. He shows no love for Uf or FSU either

Hickson is the area recruiter being a Broward native & Dillard alumni.

He knows coach Senatus & the rest of the staff at McArthur well.

Advertisement
Back