Marvin Jones Jr

This would be a really cool full circle moment for me if we got him. I was Marvin and Darlys camp counselor at the YMCA many moons ago. Marvin was 5 and Daryl was 7 or so. They were both obviously insane athletes so I tried to incept UM propaganda into their impressionable minds. If it plays out that way, I’m taking full credit.

Marvin was one of my favorite kids ever from counseling or coaching. Just the goofiest, sweetest, most happy go lucky kid. Daryl was like one of those dogs that’s just obsessed with a ball. Edgy, hyper competitive kid who wanted to play football 24/7. When he settled down he was a sweet kid too. He did bean me in the eye with a mancala marble once, but I finally forgave him after he balled out against Texas A&M.

This isn’t relevant psychoanalysis, just memory lane. Marvin is a no-brainer take football wise and would be a fun story for me personally. Always rooting for them.

Advertisement
Hard pass from me. From the games ive watched of UGA he really needs to bulk up. He gets pushed around easy plus his position is OLB. Most likely He is going to go to FSU but it really doesn't make sense for FSU to get him other than hes a legacy as they run a 4-3 and need bigger DE's especially to replace verse.

Watch his tape here:

Really skinny legs and body and just looks like Chantz and Jahfari Clone and plays like them too. Have you guys seen the guy in front of him at UGA? Look him up for a quick laugh.

Hard pass imo.

Lmao Chantz and Harvey look nothing alike! Harvey looks like Adonis (pause) and Chantz looks sweet af

Last edited:
Advertisement
1702475942073.png

For some reason it seems like our fanbase feels we’re loaded at D End. I don’t get it. If we were good enough inside to allow Bain and Messidor to play outside I could see it. But at the current state our D end room is mediocre until proven otherwise. Bring in all the talent we can get there. We haven’t had a guy who could really disrupt the game off the edge since Phillips

Advertisement
This just seems like one of those situations where he jumped in the portal already knowing where he wanted to go. Would love to bring him in our DE room. I agree with the poster that said all the talk of us being stacked at DE is false..We are not at the point where you turn down a kid with a ceiling as high as this kid...Hes definitely a talent you dont turn down if he wants in. But this just seems like FSU all the way especially with them basically probably guaranteeing him Verse's open spot. (And with DP Jr saying that he will support his decision with whatever he decides to do. Sounds like kiss of death)...Hope im wrong here.

Advertisement
I would take Pancakes brother, over him right now. Especially if he still is considered small for the position. Samuel has done more in year than Jones has in two

Seems like were not even chasing Samuel. I thought this would be automatic

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back