Marvin Harrison Jr. NIL Deal - 25 million

I wonder how the NFL feels about this? Probably not too happy, I presume. I remember when NIL first started thinking, Ok, what happens when it starts to become more profitable to stay in college than to go pro?

Advertisement
The issue is it prolongs when they will get their big money 2nd contract.

CJ Stroud got a $23 mil signing bonus as well

This is clearly complete bull****. If they had 25 mil for the ENTIRE CLASS they wouldnt lose a single player. Come on now.
He's not getting more money than he'll get in the NFL. That $25M is for 2 years at best. That's over $10M/year. Bryce Young the #1 draft pick for the 2023 NFL draft got $38M over 4 years. This is complete BS. Maybe he got $1M-$2M.

Animated GIF

Advertisement
i sont buy this story for a second.
If true, hope he takes them up on the offer.
25 million less they have for recruiting.

I don’t think anyone is buying the $25 million dollar figure, but in all seriousness, what happens when these NIL deals start enticing kids to stay an extra year? You’re playing less games against inferior competition. Arch Manning is already making close to $3 million and these numbers are only going to grow. At the end of the day, this would hamper the NFL product because it would be one less year they would have them, which is why I would be curious how the NFL would respond if this started happening. Also, what if the NCAA says, “You know what, we’re going to raise the eligibility by 1-2 years” to keep them even longer. These are all questions I have.

Advertisement
Lmao if y’all think he’s getting 25m in one year, I’d say 3-5 mil at the most, his rookie contract would be 4 years 25 mil, with a 5th year option

Advertisement
Back