Martell Waiver Timeframe

Advertisement
I would think Martell can get one. He can point out that the coach who recruited him quit after a major domestic violence scandal and “health problems” he can say the programs new coach brought in his own offensive system and transfer QB. If I was him I would just keep hitting on the environment around a program who covered up domestic violence.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I would think Martell can get one. He can point out that the coach who recruited him quit after a major domestic violence scandal and “health problems” he can say the program the new coach brought in his own offensive system and transfer QB. If I was him I would just keenhitting in the environment around a program who covered up domestic violence.

Osu had two underclassmen transfer last year and got immediate eligibility to Duke and UNC. So they better ******* make Tathan eligible.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You would think the NCAA wouldn’t want to decline the waiver if the waiver request reasoning includes needing a fresh start from a school that had the domestic violence stuff. Not sure that would be a good look for the NCAA.

Advertisement
I would think Martell can get one. He can point out that the coach who recruited him quit after a major domestic violence scandal and “health problems” he can say the program the new coach brought in his own offensive system and transfer QB. If I was him I would just keenhitting in the environment around a program who covered up domestic violence.

If you start making accusations like covering up domestic violence, you better be able to back it up. He could say their actions do not follow my beliefs being a devout Christian coming from a Catholic school. I was under the impression and told that they were during my recruitment.

Can't wait til this waiver **** gets dropped and they start letting free labor play wherever the fvck they want whenever the fvck they want. Tate didn't like his situation in OSU, why penalize a child, I'll never understand it.
yea that's good, so when everyone doesn't start, they just transfer to a new team every year. that's a great idea.

yea that's good, so when everyone doesn't start, they just transfer to a new team every year. that's a great idea.

So it's a business from one side but not for the other? There's one goal for big time college football players and that's to get to the NFL. If you're not happy with your trajectory, you should have a chance to change it. But no, you're right, let's continue to profit off kids and holding them down to some mythical contract with a certain institution.

There can certainly be better ways to go about the process. Imagine being a 19 year old kid being frustrated but you can't do anything about it. Your only course of action is taking a severe hit to your long term prospects by sitting a year out.

Advertisement
Why do y’all keep saying the NCAA is ******** the student athlete by making them sit a season if they haven’t graduated?

Sitting out a season makes perfect sense. It makes the athlete really consider if leaving their situation is worth losing a year.

You want to play immediately, earn your degree and bounce.

But if you leave before your degree is earned, it better be a serious issue that is out of your control. Otherwise, no waiver.

So it's a business from one side but not for the other? There's one goal for big time college football players and that's to get to the NFL. If you're not happy with your trajectory, you should have a chance to change it. But no, you're right, let's continue to profit off kids and holding them down to some mythical contract with a certain institution.

There can certainly be better ways to go about the process. Imagine being a 19 year old kid being frustrated but you can't do anything about it. Your only course of action is taking a severe hit to your long term prospects by sitting a year out.

Kyler Murray played 1 Year, won the Heisman and will be a 1st round NFL pick.

Dwayne Haskins played 1 season and will be a 1st round draft pick.

Waiting your turn OR sitting out a season doesn’t impact your career prospects at all.

The real issue is kids want immediate validation and satisfaction. It won’t hurt Martell to wait a season. Won’t hurt Fields, either. They won’t lose anything.

Last edited:
Kyler Murray played 1 Year, won the Heisman and will be a 1st round NFL pick.

Dwayne Haskins played 1 season and will be a 1st round draft pick.

Waiting your turn OR sitting out a season doesn’t impact your career prospects at all.

The real issue is kids want immediate validation and satisfaction. It won’t hurt Martell tonait a season. Won’t hurt Fields, either. They won’t lose anything.

Why focus on quarterbacks? That's the only position where a free market philosophy would be an issue for the reasons you and another poster mentioned. Pretend you're a borderline DT NFL prospect but your school just hired a 3-4 DC, all of sudden your playing time is cut in half to no fault of your own, no reason why that kid shouldn't be allowed to leave.

Advertisement
Back