Marshall Robinson 2015 NT as a Miami Prospect

What I'd like to see Paranos do is get the reason why DT's won't come here. We can be super fans all we want, but we or the staff will never understand whats needed unless we know the symptoms. There is a reason DT's not feeling the U. Valentine said the staff selling aesthetics more than football. Said Chavis (LSU DC) sold him hardcore football not campus life or off campus activities.

Or could it be that maybe they sold him academics which turned him off....just a theory.

Advertisement
Per a little birdie, Robinson is working hard in the classroom to improve his earlier academic problems. Look for him to try and earn a UM offer at a Al Goden Camp if he can get the funding together to make it down to Miami next month.

Go Canes

Thanks for update Paranos.

Keep up the work. You're one of maybe a handful of posters that take some time to post informative, constructive material.

I don't believe you think you are responsible for landing any of these DT prospects, like some 'tards on here. But I do believe most of us learn about them first thanks to you, that alone should keep people off your back - well, evolved people anyway.

This place has become Grassy 2.0 and if not for yours, and those of the other handful of posters, would be a waste.

Thanks again.

IMO, Miami isn't in dire need of a NT next year. We already have Heurtelou,Wyche,Jenkins...that's plenty of NTs for the 3-4 part of our defense. But what we do need more of, is 1 & 3-Techs...for the 4-3 part of our defense. And IMHO, this Marshall kid is Unimpressive to me...He's not quick twitch,has very little body control,His COD (Change Of Direction) is subpar...He's just slow. The only redeeming quality I see in Marshall, is the fact He's only 16. But that's not enough of a redeeming quality, for Him to take up a roster spot.

IMO, Miami isn't in dire need of a NT next year. We already have Heurtelou,Wyche,Jenkins...that's plenty of NTs for the 3-4 part of our defense. But what we do need more of, is 1 & 3-Techs...for the 4-3 part of our defense. And IMHO, this Marshall kid is Unimpressive to me...He's not quick twitch,has very little body control,His COD (Change Of Direction) is subpar...He's just slow. The only redeeming quality I see in Marshall, is the fact He's only 16. But that's not enough of a redeeming quality, for Him to take up a roster spot.

In 2 years Heurtelou and Wyche are gone as is Earl Moore . What Robinson offers is long term quality depth at the NT spot. It takes 2 years to develop a solid 2 Gap NT. An I woud disagree that Robinson lacks short area mobility not to mention he is a beast against the run. I do agree he is not elite but he has potential to be a very solid NT. I do think Quentez Johnson and Jauntavius Johnson are much better.

Your still tring to find players to fit the old UM scheme especially the 4-3 alignment, but UM currently goes to a 4-3 alignment we still operate on gap control with interior linemen.

An when we go pressure package we slide DE/DT's inside, and I agree we need to add three or so 3 techinique DT's but we also need 1 more NT. I also think 2014 signee Joe Brown gets switched to defense initially to try out at the NT during his red shirt year.

Go Canes

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
I came across this rating list which has NT Marshall Robinson rated the 9th best player in Pennsylvania for the 2015 Class. But yet he is still waiting for the first major offer, UM could get a high risk / high reward steal of a recruit with him and given our need at NT we should roll the dice.

Marshall Robinson Jr Highlights
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1637276/highlights/131156380

Funny thing is UM's current 2015 OL commit Hayden Mahoney is ranked 40th and would get worked over badly by Robinson, but we took the flyer on Mahoney while taking the wait and see approach with Robinson ( due to academics, which he is working to correct)

PA Prep Top 50 List
http://blog.preps.com/blog/ayo-fapohunda/college-football-recruiting/preps-com-pa-class-of-2015-top-50/

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back