Marshall Robinson 2015 NT as a Miami Prospect

Paranos

All-ACC
With Miami in need of an additional NT for next years class lets take a look 6'3" 350lbs Marshall Robinson 2015 NT as a Miami Prospect. Robinson is a 3A all-state Pennsylvania DT, he is simply mammoth but is extremely athletic (clocked a 5.2sec 40yd dash) an quick in 20 yd area which is what you want from NT in giving back side short area press pursuit. At the point of attack Robinson is ferocious in defeating double teams on his way to hunting down the ball carrier, which he does well in traffic with an innate ability to cause havoc. He plays with very good leverage and first step explosion yet can turn at full speed to chase a play moving away from him, demonstrating a high motor which is key in providing inside to out defense against screen offenses.

Robinson currently only has 1 offer which is from Temple but he has visited PSU and Pitt an while they express interest they still slow playing him.

Article on Robinson's Recruitment to this point.
http://blog.preps.com/blog/j-cleezy/college-football-recruiting/quick-hitter-update-on-temple-target-marshall-robinson-defensive-lineman-pa/

AG and Staff have their connections in Pennsylvania through which this young man is a prospect they should definitely reach out to; considering Robinson would be an ideal 0-Techinique. If there are academic concerns reaching out to the young man (he is only 16yrs old, which is fine because he would likely redshirt) from now would give him both the time and motivation to get his affairs in order. But I think it is more his style of play doesn't fit what PSU or PITT do on defense, where as he is a born 2 gap'er which is what Miami needs. The Temple staff has compared Robinson to a young Terrance Knighton (former Temple football player now on the Denver Broncos), and considering Al Golden was the Coach who developed Knighton, that should make the Miami recruiting pitch a slam dunk should UM offer Robinson, which I think UM should (considering UM offered and accepted a commit from Hayden Mahoney, an Robinson would eat his lunch on the playing field for all day long)

Marshall Robinson Jr Year Highlights
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1637276/highlights/131156380

Go Canes

Advertisement
Do you forward this info to Golden & staff or do you just post it here?

I forwarded this list of the top-50 DTs to Golden:
http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/RecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&Position=DT

He asked me which ones to offer and I said-

129.gif

i love the "should make the Miami recruiting pitch a slam dunk". b/c Al developed knighton. ok.

Advertisement
this is really getting comical....(DT recruiting) does any other school have a history of consistently whiffing on a specific position year after year?

Paranos is pulling DT prospects out his *** already, it's going to be a long *** recruiting season.

Paranos is pulling DT prospects out his *** already, it's going to be a long *** recruiting season.

So are you saying you wouldn't want the prospects I mentioned? If that's the the case then please share your detailed reasons why they are not talented enough to flourish in our defense scheme.

Otherwise keep your 2-bit panhandling comments to yourself since you offer nothing to improve either the DT recruiting situation or this thread for that matter.

Go Canes

So are you saying you wouldn't want the prospects I mentioned? If that's the the case then please share your detailed reasons why they are not talented enough to flourish in our defense scheme.

Otherwise keep your 2-bit panhandling comments to yourself since you offer nothing to improve either the DT recruiting situation or this thread for that matter.

Go Canes

The last sentence is very DBC esque

Advertisement

Go Canes

Question for paranos. Do you think anyone who matters actually reads your post. None of these guys will get an offer and if they do it won't be because you've posted your opinion about them on here. Also do you have a job?

Go Canes

Question for paranos. Do you think anyone who matters actually reads your post. None of these guys will get an offer and if they do it won't be because you've posted your opinion about them on here. Also do you have a job?

I am a management consultant specializing process and revenue improvement, not that it is any of your business.

An actually to directly answer your question staff has looked at several of the players I talked about and two are reporting to campus this summer as part of the 2014 class. So please be informed about your topic before attempting to slander or belittle someone, it's not very becoming of you as a cane fan especially considering you have only 40+ posts on this site.

Go Canes

Go Canes

I am a management consultant specializing process and revenue improvement, not that it is any of your business.

An actually to directly answer your question staff has looked at several of the players I talked about and two are reporting to campus this summer as part of the 2014 class. So please be informed about your topic before attempting to slander or belittle someone, it's not very becoming of you as a cane fan especially considering you have only 40+ posts on this site.

Go Canes

Yes I only have 40 plus post but how does that have anything to do with this? Or my fan hood for that matter. And also what prospects and could it be that they just so happened to recruit them because they liked what they saw and had no knowledge of your post or who you are for that matter. Second your job can't be to much of a job for as much as you post. I actually have a lid outside of this blog and this team that I root for. Not coach, recruit, or even get the water for.

Go Canes

Go Canes

Yes I only have 40 plus post but how does that have anything to do with this? Or my fan hood for that matter. And also what prospects and could it be that they just so happened to recruit them because they liked what they saw and had no knowledge of your post or who you are for that matter. Second your job can't be to much of a job for as much as you post. I actually have a lid outside of this blog and this team that I root for. Not coach, recruit, or even get the water for.

Do you need a job or something is that why your inquiring what I do for a living. I have also have a life and family which is why I became a consultant so I could have a flexibe work/life balance. As for my posts I actually don't post that much and 80% of my posts are from mobile devices, its called multitasking on the go. On average the longest my write ups take are 10-15 mins, I research and process information quickly not to this thing called technology is wonderful you should try using it.

An to think I was going to suggest we catch a SCCA race at Sebring. But since you have nothing constructive to share at this time please stop hi-jacking my thread.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement

Go Canes

Go Canes

He actually has a low post count for when he joined.

m3n,
b/c he acts as if he what HE'S doing is improving our DT recruiting situation. is this for real?

and to think he was going to suggest catching a SCCA race at Sebring.
dbc has aspergers. lives at home with his mom. now he's a management consultant.

Go Canes

Do you need a job or something is that why your inquiring what I do for a living. I have also have a life and family which is why I became a consultant so I could have a flexibe work/life balance. As for my posts I actually don't post that much and 80% of my posts are from mobile devices, its called multitasking on the go. On average the longest my write ups take are 10-15 mins, I research and process information quickly not to this thing called technology is wonderful you should try using it.

An to think I was going to suggest we catch a SCCA race at Sebring. But since you have nothing constructive to share at this time please stop hi-jacking my thread.

Go Canes

100% of mine are from a Mobile device. And also you wouldn't know what to do at th 24hrs of sebring bro. And I actually am at work now and I guarantee I make double your annual salary. Just was wondering why you find it necessary to post threads about recruits that hardly any other d-1 programs are recruiting. We want impact players not fillers. Pretty sure the staff understands that. Plus we have enough fillers already that's our problem.

Advertisement
this is really getting comical....(DT recruiting) does any other school have a history of consistently whiffing on a specific position year after year?

I wouldn't call last year a whiff, but very valid point. Until now, I didn't realize how far back this issue went, but we haven't recruited the DT position well over the last 3 coaches.

2014: Moten, Jenkins, Wyche, Huertelou (Valentine would have made this good class great at least on paper, but still the best class we've had in a long time)
2013: 0, Kamalu may see some time at DT
2012: Moore, Ivery, Briscoe (thought we'd at least get some serviceable depth from this group, but just 1 career backup)
2011: Pierre, Grimble, Smith, King (Pierre's a decent player, most realized Grimble was overrated and Smith and King were just brought in due to a desperate need for bodies)
2010: Brown, Glenn, Taylor (fail)
2009: Porter, Robinson (injury prone and head case)
2008: Forston, Regis, Lewis (talented but inconsistent effort, above average to good, 1 decent year at OG)
2007: Perry (Bailey and Ojomo forced to spend time inside due to the poor recruiting at positon)
2006: Holmes, Washington (awful)
2005: Dixon, Abdullah (good but conditioning limited snaps, and a jag)
2004: Dixon, Hendricks, Joseph (didn't get in and a couple serviceable players, expected much more out of Hendricks)
2003: Pata (RIP), McCray, Howell (good and versatile, undersized but great work ethic, switched to OL)
2002: Brown (good, but only 1 in class)

Coker brought in a few players coming off the NC, but then 2006 and 2007 carrying over to Shannon was terrible. 2008 & 2009 looked good on paper at the time, but limited results and 2010 was just absolutely awful. I think Pierre is a decent player, recruiting time was limited and we needed bodies, so I'm not going to hate on the 2011 class, but we needed to get something out of Ivery or Briscoe, at least serviceable depth and not getting anyone in 2013 kills us coming off the previous classes. I like the 2014 class, but we need to build off it in 2015

Why must we always fight? Seriously everyone. We are not all going to have the same opinion. You complain about people making new threads as if it cost money to start a new one. Shut up there isn't much going on so people want to converse with fellow fans of their favorite team, and want to bring new topics to discuss. Respect each other and act right! This isn't meant to be disrespectful every time someone starts a new thread.

What I'd like to see Paranos do is get the reason why DT's won't come here. We can be super fans all we want, but we or the staff will never understand whats needed unless we know the symptoms. There is a reason DT's not feeling the U. Valentine said the staff selling aesthetics more than football. Said Chavis (LSU DC) sold him hardcore football not campus life or off campus activities.

I think Paranos brings some very intelligent and informative posts to this board. It's a lot more relevant than a lot of the mudslinging and anger that springs up now and then, mostly now.

As far as us whiffing year after year at DT, most of the great DTs were not heavily recruited and big names. They were kids no one else wanted, except for Wilfork. Kennedy was not, I believe, and I now Maryland was not on anybody's radar. Damoine Lewis was a big name recruit, the Joseph kid might have been but there were not too many that were big time studs coming out. Many of the years when we recruited our future bigtime star, we would have probably said the same thing: we whiffed. Yeah, we whiffed when we got Russ Maryland. Just be patient. It will get better, I think.

Advertisement
Back