MLB Marlins Park renamed

JD08

Ready for Ska's fourth wave
Maude
It finally has a sponsor. It will be named loanDepot Park. That's not a typo, they spell their name with a lower case L.

Advertisement
It finally has a sponsor. It will be named loanDepot Park. That's not a typo, they spell their name with a lower case L.

How fitting.

Generally in our history our players have been Marlins on loan until they got good and too expensive, only to be shipped out for more prospects on loan and a lot of cash.

How fitting.

Generally in our history our players have been Marlins on loan until they got good and too expensive, only to be shipped out for more prospects on loan and a lot of cash.
World Series followed by a fire sale has happened twice now, hasn't it?

You can get with this
OrangeBowl.jpg

or you can get with that
Marlins stadium.jpg

Advertisement
I mean, it took them 2,353 different stadium names at Joe Robbie (and yes, I still call it Joe Robbie, he built that ************), to finally settle on a cool name, "Hard Rock Stadium".

Help us finance a stadium and we will change...

Pinky swear!
The Marlins under Loria were a farce. A complete farce. As a business operation they were most efficient in being profitable. As a sports entity, whose theoretical objective is to win as many games as possible and ultimately a championship, they were the worst team that I can think of. The goal of onfield success - I am uncertain if that was even part of the calculation. Profit was seemingly the sole objective, and making the pretense of progress was a cynical exercise. The Florida / Miami Marlins alienated their fan base with their frequent fire sales, and the one that broke it was the fire sale a year after the stadium opened. Those empty seats were earned, and Loria was the worst major league owner of all time.

1618249101143.png

Advertisement
Back