Markeith Williams DB 2022 - COMMITS !!!

Advertisement
Like the instincts this kid has. Jumping routes in INTs. Getting to the ball in the open field. He needs to learn how to tackle. Too high and not driving through. Some weight/strength gain should fix this as long as it doesn’t mess with his speed. Very much want!

So looking back at the earliest posts, Williams started with 3 favorites of Bama, OSU and UF.
Then he adds a 4th and now the 4th is his favorite. This is not just bad news for schools like Bama and OSU for this one prospect. This is bad news that UM is taking back the state of Florida and will out-recruit even the biggest schools in the country for kids we want in Florida. And for UF, even Orlando isn’t safe anymore.
We are literally on the verge of something really good. We admittedly need to recruit linebackers better and develop the o-line, but that’s It. Diaz is loading us up with talent and showing every school in the country that when UM recruits at a high level its time to look elsewhere for the players you want to poach. Go to SoCal or Texas because Florida isn’t going to be an option anymore.
Please don’t respond to this with the ”one that got away” because some kids will want to leave due to personal reasons.
We were great when Marvin Jones and Samari Rolle left S Fla and went to FSU so that will always happen. but UM has clearly re-established itself as the top dog in S Fla. And that folks is bad news for Bama, OSU, UF, Auburn, UGA, etc. . . .

So looking back at the earliest posts, Williams started with 3 favorites of Bama, OSU and UF.
Then he adds a 4th and now the 4th is his favorite. This is not just bad news for schools like Bama and OSU for this one prospect. This is bad news that UM is taking back the state of Florida and will out-recruit even the biggest schools in the country for kids we want in Florida. And for UF, even Orlando isn’t safe anymore.
We are literally on the verge of something really good. We admittedly need to recruit linebackers better and develop the o-line, but that’s It. Diaz is loading us up with talent and showing every school in the country that when UM recruits at a high level its time to look elsewhere for the players you want to poach. Go to SoCal or Texas because Florida isn’t going to be an option anymore.
Please don’t respond to this with the ”one that got away” because some kids will want to leave due to personal reasons.
We were great when Marvin Jones and Samari Rolle left S Fla and went to FSU so that will always happen. but UM has clearly re-established itself as the top dog in S Fla. And that folks is bad news for Bama, OSU, UF, Auburn, UGA, etc. . . .
Ehhh, this kid is a great get with top tier potential and will make us better, but both Bama and the Suckeyes aren’t going all out here.

edit: the other schools are interested but they aren’t pushing. Once again this is a great get

Advertisement
anybody know what time today?

Fc Barcelona Sport GIF by Sports GIFs

Ehhh, this kid is a great get with top tier potential and will make us better, but both Bama and the Suckeyes aren’t going all out here.

edit: the other schools are interested but they aren’t pushing. Once again this is a great get
His offer from OSU is committable & Bama has a presence here, too much if their entire starting secondary last year is from the crib, and of course their recent run of 1st round local wide outs. Maybe that's not going all out but **** it sure does sting.

Miami trending in the Crystal Ball for Top247 S Markeith Williams​

August, 11, 2021

Miami is hoping for some good news on Wednesday evening when Orlando Evans Top247 safety Markeith Williams announces his college decision between the Hurricanes, Nebraska and Ohio State.

And roughly six hours out from an official decision from the nation’s No. 14 safety, the 247Sports Crystal Ball is flooding with orange and green predictions.

The first came from Southeast analyst Andrew Ivins on Tuesday and has since been followed by director of recruiting Steve Wiltfong on Wednesday afternoon. If the blue-chip defensive back were to choose Miami, the Hurricanes would hold commitments from four four-star defensive backs: Alabaster (Ala.) Thompson Top247 cornerback Trequon Fegans, Lexington (Miss.) Holmes County Top247 cornerback Khamauri Rogers and Fort Myers Bishop Verot four-star cornerback Chris Graves.

Williams could also mark the fifth consecutive year that the Hurricanes land a safety ranked within the Top247.

Over the course of the summer, Williams took a pair of visits down to South Florida. The first came on June 1 for the Hurricanes cookout on the first day recruits could get back on college campuses after an extended closure. The 6-foot-1, 170-pounder also brought his family along with him to Miami for the pool party on July 31.

Ishmael Aristide, an Orlando Evans grad, is the primary recruiter for Williams and is a big reason why the Hurricanes were able to get involved with the safety. Last fall, Williams wore a club on his hand for most of the season after breaking his wrist, but still managed to average ten tackles per game.
As a sophomore, Williams picked off seven passes and broke up six more, earning himself Orlando Sentinel All-Area first-team honors.

Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 4.04.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 4.06.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 4.07.13 PM.png

Last edited:
Advertisement
Good problems to have!

I think the debate is often centered on the question of who is "really good" and worth altering the long term plan for vs. who is the guy we ultimately have to tell that the class is full. The post I was quoting brought Demari Henderson into that equation. It will be interesting to see how that situation unfolds, given the guys still in play at this moment.

I happen to like Henderson quite a bit but it just feels like with all the momentum we have in DB recruiting, somewhere down the line a hard decision is going to be made. But as a certain wise poster always notes, "recruiting is fluid" and who knows what things will look like after the season kicks off.
Agreed, that’s the dilemma. Very good 22 vs Elite 23 and Better player (Now) vs Good player now (but higher ceiling). Good problems to have as it means you’re closing on your targets. The elites have this problem every year.

Agreed, that’s the dilemma. Very good 22 vs Elite 23 and Better player (Now) vs Good player now (but higher ceiling). Good problems to have as it means you’re closing on your targets. The elites have this problem every year.
Bird in hand. We’ve burned before. Take what you can get in the moment if they’re good and you’re not making an irresponsible decision

Bird in hand. We’ve burned before. Take what you can get in the moment if they’re good and you’re not making an irresponsible decision
I would have unanimously agreed Pre TROB. But he has seemingly made Miami contenders for most Elite DB targets. So we all agree that the 23 class Locally is Loaded But at what point do we Wane our 22 haul so that there’s Room and a chance to effectively recruit the Loaded 23 elites? This is very tricky and this is actually playing Chess instead of checkers.

Says who? If you have specific information that Bama and OSU decided Williams wasn't a priority for them then please provide. And by "specific information" I don't mean something like, 'I was on their message board and they like player A better than Williams', because that's exactly the type of loser argument UM typically makes. For example, when we traditionally lost a player like Williams someone would invariably post that we really want Wilson so we didn't pursue Williams as hard and its not really a loss. It was bullshot when we wrote it and its similarly bull**** when another school makes that argument.

If a school provides a committable offer they want a player because they are taking the chance that the player will commit and take a spot. If there is no committable offer than your argument has legs. So again my request is that you provide the information you have and then let the rest of us assess whether Bama and OSU were going all out for Williams.

Advertisement
OSU is definitely interested but they have a couple guys higher on their boards and are in a good spot with. Not sure what happened with UF.

Says who? If you have specific information that Bama and OSU decided Williams wasn't a priority for them then please provide. And by "specific information" I don't mean something like, 'I was on their message board and they like player A better than Williams', because that's exactly the type of loser argument UM typically makes. For example, when we traditionally lost a player like Williams someone would invariably post that we really want Wilson so we didn't pursue Williams as hard and its not really a loss. It was bullshot when we wrote it and its similarly bull**** when another school makes that argument.

If a school provides a committable offer they want a player because they are taking the chance that the player will commit and take a spot. If there is no committable offer than your argument has legs. So again my request is that you provide the information you have and then let the rest of us assess whether Bama and OSU were going all out for Williams.

tenor (33).gif

Advertisement
OSU is definitely interested but they have a couple guys higher on their boards and are in a good spot with. Not sure what happened with UF.
I'm not saying you are wrong but the "have a couple guys higher on their board" is the same thing we argued for years while losing recruits. And the smart money on this site knew that argument was bull****. So I take the position that "have a couple guys higher on their board" argument is bull**** regardless of which school is making it. Even when Bama makes it.
To me its the equivalent of "I didn't really want to f-k that girl anyways even though I begged her for a date because I have a finer girl that no one has seen yet. Trust me".

Advertisement
Back