Markeith Williams DB 2022 - COMMITS !!!

Yes the potential to be scary good is certainly there based on the above. I am most likely Markeith Williams biggest fan. As a matter of fact I happen to be President of the Markeith Williams Fan Club. The kid is the best natural ballhawk at Safety that I have seen in a very long time. Just imagine Markeith and James Williams as our Safety duo. With Kinchens, Balom, Washington and another freshman in this class we will have very good to great depth at the Safety position. Assuming that Markeith Williams pulls the trigger for us today who will end up as the other Safety in this class. Kamari Wilson? Demari Henderson? Jacoby Matthews? Jaylin Marshall?

Then just look at the trio of CBs we have committed. Now that is the type of CB talent that Miami should be getting every year. Adding Jahaim Singletary to that list would make that arguably the best CB haul in UM history.

To me, the question is assuming we get Markeith and strike out on Kamari and Matthews, does Demari get a spot given that the schollie count for this class will be very low.

Advertisement
To me, the question is assuming we get Markeith and strike out on Kamari and Matthews, does Demari get a spot given that the schollie count for this class will be very low.
Your question is a good one. But the reality of recruiting at an elite level is that there won’t always be room for good players. We’ve really only had this problem at RB in recent years lol

Certainly makes for some interesting CIS discussions

Your question is a good one. But the reality of recruiting at an elite level is that there won’t always be room for good players. We’ve really only had this problem at RB in recent years lol

Certainly makes for some interesting CIS discussions
I’ve said 18- 20 is around the sweet spot in this class. Now if we go on a run and really good players want in you don’t turn them away. Which would kill the long term plan but you can’t turn them away unless you’re just full. They’d prefer to save some spots for the portal and not use too much of the ‘23 spots, which has a loaded class in Sfla. The portal will be necessary with the amount of guys we’ll likely lose so it’s a tough spot.

Advertisement
I’ve said 18- 20 is around the sweet spot in this class. Now if we go on a run and really good players want in you don’t turn them away. Which would kill the long term plan but you can’t turn them away unless you’re just full. They’d prefer to save some spots for the portal and not use too much of the ‘23 spots, which has a loaded class in Sfla. The portal will be necessary with the amount of guys we’ll likely lose so it’s a tough spot.
We’re gonna need to be recruiting the guys who may be tempted to stay and hopefully will have good “case studies” with guys like Bolden and Harley who may have dramatically improved their stock by staying.
We need to keep Couch, Ivey and maybe Hall on defense and hopefully Scaife and Gaynor on offense and we’ll be straight.

Advertisement
Good problems to have!

I think the debate is often centered on the question of who is "really good" and worth altering the long term plan for vs. who is the guy we ultimately have to tell that the class is full. The post I was quoting brought Demari Henderson into that equation. It will be interesting to see how that situation unfolds, given the guys still in play at this moment.

I happen to like Henderson quite a bit but it just feels like with all the momentum we have in DB recruiting, somewhere down the line a hard decision is going to be made. But as a certain wise poster always notes, "recruiting is fluid" and who knows what things will look like after the season kicks off.

Everyone thinks every player is bag worthy but that’s not true. Five stars or high four stars get big bags , a three star is just happy to get the Bama offer , same with a low 4 star, maybe they get 10-50 k. Big time kids make money for visits , then money to sign and some schools pay monthly installments. Eventually kids or their family come back with their hand out after they’ve blown it. Just because you go to Bama doesn’t mean you’re paid , I seriously doubt Eddie Jackson got paid. Surtain is a different story.
**** my cousin didn’t even get paid and he was highly ranked. Deionte Thompson.

Advertisement
Singletary , Gibson , Williams and Steward and Wes, get another LB in portal dreams come true... We may also have another surprise :love:

caddyshack.gif

Manny will create spots if need be but they love more kids in 23.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back