Markeith Williams DB 2022 - COMMITS !!!

Advertisement

Will we ever spend like Bama or Georgia? No, but this give us an advantage over most schools in this market. Miami will never spend like the tier ones but tier two is more than enough if there’s quality coaching. Tier two will help keep most Sfla kids home and allow us to get quality oos too. Why leave home if you’re making close or more than anywhere else? Ill stop doing my part in this thread hijack, I’ll let folks get back to Mr Williams.

No state or city income tax also evens out the score.

Will we ever spend like Bama or Georgia? No, but this give us an advantage over most schools in this market. Miami will never spend like the tier ones but tier two is more than enough if there’s quality coaching. Tier two will help keep most Sfla kids home and allow us to get quality oos too. Why leave home if you’re making close or more than anywhere else? Ill stop doing my part in this thread hijack, I’ll let folks get back to Mr Williams.
Ahhhhhh my G man. Say less

At least for me, our recruiting approach this season has made a huge difference. Yeah, it feels good to start the early Summer with a Top 5 class of 15- 20 commits, but clinching buttcheeks the entire Summer and Fall as you hear flirtation rumors and watch and wait for kids to decommit sucks ***. That's so deflating and then staff has to scramble last minute to try to grab Plan B/C kids who are hard to get excited about.

I like the slow, methodical approach so much better.
Slow approach is what big time schools do. This is the approach of elite schools. As long as I followed recruiting this is the way the big dogs do it.

Advertisement
So....?

changing season 9 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm
Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Why can't they do that? Would a bama kid sign a NIL deal with an OOS sports team? Interesting

I would have to think it'd only make sense to be local. For example, King is doing appearances at BB&T as part of his deal. Would Bryce Young be driving to New Orleans to appear at Pelicans games? I would assume not. I'm sure there are other ways to get creative with it but I would think one of the main prerequisites would be that you're a local guy.

Advertisement
I would have to think it'd only make sense to be local. For example, King is doing appearances at BB&T as part of his deal. Would Bryce Young be driving to New Orleans to appear at Pelicans games? I would assume not. I'm sure there are other ways to get creative with it but I would think one of the main prerequisites would be that you're a local guy.
Yea that makes sense. Let's see how it evolves. I'm sure Young is getting love cause he's a Cali kid. Would be interesting if they do things where they grew up or played HS ball.

Advertisement
Back