Markeith Williams DB 2022 - COMMITS !!!

Advertisement
NIL might have something to do with our improved recruiting as well.
It100 % does ,i said it would when it first came up. People around the program were pumped for it. Only these negative twats here could believe it wouldn’t help. Everyone minus graves is oos right now , when has that ever happened ?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Lose a Williams & immediately replace him with another. We byke ?

We ****** Wednesday night.

Funny enough, pretty big spread on him with Rivals vs 247.

Rivals does not have him ranked nationally, and has him 52nd in the state. And a 3-star.

247 has him as the 167th ranked overall prospect, the 22nd best kid in the state, and a 92 graded 4-star. Same grade as kids like Khamauri Rogers, Julian Humphrey, Wesley Bissainthe, Isaiah Bond, etc.

Andrew Ivins, who I'm not sure knows whether a football is stuffed with feathers or filled with air, but I digress, has him as a potential Day 2 pick. And this is a pretty **** good eval if you ask me. 6 picks as a freshman? 7 as a sophomore? That's a **** ballhawk. And broke his wrist on the first series of a game, refused to come off the field, and led his team in tackles that night? Plus that film? His whole junior tape is him just sticking kids in run support. Fellas....sign me all the way the fvck up with this kid. Offers from some monsters. Long, lanky, and a ton of room to add 30-40 pounds of muscle. This kid, settling in somewhere at 6'1 - 6'2 and 215 pounds with that frame and athleticism and ball skills. This could be a **** of a prospect.

"Tall, rangy athlete with some length in the arms. Skinny, even for a high schooler. A ballhawk of a safety that can patrol the backend of a defense and create takeaways. Uses long stride to chew up turf. Able to change directions better than most. Reads the quarterback well from his deep alignment. Quickly recognizes and diagnoses route concepts. Fills the alley with purpose as a run defender. Always looking to strike someone. Described by coaches as a “tone setter” given physical style of play. Broke his wrist on the first defensive series of a game as a junior and refused to leave the field. Ended up leading his team in tackles that night. Has some experience in man coverage, but that’s an area of his game that he can keep improving. Must also add some muscle in both the upper and lower halves if he’s going to be able to wrangle tight ends and running backs in college. Picked off six passes as a freshman and seven more as a sophomore before quarterbacks started looking the other way. Should find plenty of success at the Power 5 level. Could excell in a single-high system. Longer frame will likely have him on the NFL's radar."

Advertisement

Rivals does not have him ranked nationally, and has him 52nd in the state. And a 3-star.

247 has him as the 167th ranked overall prospect, the 22nd best kid in the state, and a 92 graded 4-star. Same grade as kids like Khamauri Rogers, Julian Humphrey, Wesley Bissainthe, Isaiah Bond, etc.

Andrew Ivins, who I'm not sure knows whether a football is stuffed with feathers or filled with air, but I digress, has him as a potential Day 2 pick. And this is a pretty **** good eval if you ask me. 6 picks as a freshman? 7 as a sophomore? That's a **** ballhawk. And broke his wrist on the first series of a game, refused to come off the field, and led his team in tackles that night? Plus that film? His whole junior tape is him just sticking kids in run support. Fellas....sign me all the way the fvck up with this kid. Offers from some monsters. Long, lanky, and a ton of room to add 30-40 pounds of muscle. This kid, settling in somewhere at 6'1 - 6'2 and 215 pounds with that frame and athleticism and ball skills. This could be a **** of a prospect.

"Tall, rangy athlete with some length in the arms. Skinny, even for a high schooler. A ballhawk of a safety that can patrol the backend of a defense and create takeaways. Uses long stride to chew up turf. Able to change directions better than most. Reads the quarterback well from his deep alignment. Quickly recognizes and diagnoses route concepts. Fills the alley with purpose as a run defender. Always looking to strike someone. Described by coaches as a “tone setter” given physical style of play. Broke his wrist on the first defensive series of a game as a junior and refused to leave the field. Ended up leading his team in tackles that night. Has some experience in man coverage, but that’s an area of his game that he can keep improving. Must also add some muscle in both the upper and lower halves if he’s going to be able to wrangle tight ends and running backs in college. Picked off six passes as a freshman and seven more as a sophomore before quarterbacks started looking the other way. Should find plenty of success at the Power 5 level. Could excell in a single-high system. Longer frame will likely have him on the NFL's radar."
He’s not an instant contributor but he has all the tools to be a very good college player someday

I’d be very surprised if we don’t learn at some point that Shoop is the “play caller” while maintaining the concept of Manny as DC.

That would be a clear NCAA violation and beyond stupid to give the NCAA reason to open an investigation.

His style of plays reminds me of another certain rangy FS from Orlando a while back that went on to win a natty or 2 and turned into a 1st round pick...

He is HaHa Clinton Dix. Same city, same thin wiry frame coming out of HS, same elite level range, ball skills, and closing speed. Look at the play at 1:45 of his soph tape, that is big time stuff.

Literally, look at HCD’s HL tape coming out of Dr Phillips then watch Williams’ tape. Williams is probably a more willing hitter at this stage but everything else is **** near identical outside of HCD having a few more pounds on him. Huge pickup on so many levels with the way that CFB is evolving to a pass heavy style. He is a true FS, and with Avantae gone we needed another one bad. I put Kamren in the category too, but I like this kid a little more. He is a bit looser of an athlete IMO.

I’ve seen people say Kenny Phillips, but Kenny was much heavier than this kid and an absolute force in the run game too so that’s why I lean more to the HCD comparison.

With a defensive front 4 that creates the pressure that we do (hello Shemar, Nyjalik, and Anthony) to go along with the freaks we will sign to press and give WRs **** on the outside, this defense will be heaven for a kid like this. See ball and go get ball.

Advertisement

Rivals is butt.

Advertisement
Yeah, at 170, he's a developmental kid for sure. But he looks like a really nice prospect to me.
Ok f I’m not mistaken 247 hasn’t been able to update the measurements of a lot of players. He may be a bit heavier than 170 at this point. How much idk but a lot of the 247 height and weights have been way off for some players and why the staff has been so adamant at seeing players in person.

It100 % does ,i said it would when it first came up. People around the program were pumped for it. Only these negative twats here could believe it wouldn’t help. Everyone minus graves is oos right now , when has that ever happened ?
sheeesh, I'll take your word for it. This energy in this cycle feels waaaaaaaaaaay different then years past. My boy Cribby taking care of my mope syndrome. I actually see very good things and if you sunshine pumping I trust yo ***. Cant wait for the season and recruiting, im geeked right now it feels good it feels good.....pause.

Advertisement
Back