Markeith Williams DB 2022 - COMMITS !!!

Advertisement
“But can be play safety?!?”
- Mark D’Onofrio
Man you got me mad at 6:00 on a Wednesday for no reason

3D83A68D-6BE5-4CFF-BC95-A489E22E894D.gif

Back to Markeith Williams. Since he is officially down to 3 where do you guys think he is headed? Call your shot. Announcing on his Birthday August 11th. Next Wednesday.

Nebraska
Ohio State
Miami

I cant help but feel really good about where we stand right now with this young man. This would be a major pickup!

CANE!!!!!!
C
A
N
E

Advertisement
Y'all can speculate all you want with titles, but if Miami's defense is one of the better defenses in college football this year, Manny ain't giving up the gig he has now.

He knows he needs to keep T-Rob, obviously. If that's a DC title, in TITLE only, sure. But there's no reason to think that we'll have someone calling the plays next year and coordinating the defense. Whether it's T-Rob or Shoop. Manny gave it away once, and it tanked. If he turns it around this year, he's not going to give it up again.
Manny doesn’t want to call plays.

“But can be play safety?!?”
- Mark D’Onofrio
I know it’s fun to make fun or dorito, but we’d be better off today (and less desperate in lb recruiting) if manny had asked himself whether a kid could play LB back when he was recruiting LBs. The issue isn’t that dorito was wrong about the importance of the question, it’s just that he was asking it in the context of a kid who wasn’t a good enough athlete to merit being taken over our alternatives.

/end rant

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I think it was JJ that said being head coach and DC is extremely hard. That it's much easier to call offensive plays as HC.

I don't understand the difference but it seems there must be.

Makes no sense not to use his experience to get an edge.
One big difference is that when you are on offense, you set the pace of play and can slow things down if you need to attend to things typically handled by the head coach. You don't have that luxury calling D.

Advertisement
Back