Markeith Williams DB 2022 - COMMITS !!!

Advertisement
Honestly I’d be surprised if manny calls the plays next year regardless if the d is great or pretty good. Him taking over was more he missed on a couple huge fish and he knew this was a make or break year “ If I can’t have those big fish I only trust my job and coaching life on myself “ type deal. That’s just me spitballing.

I agree 1 billion % that this was him betting on himself. You might be right, and I think one thing to bolster your argument is that when he did get the HC job, he immediately got Baker to run the defense. Pretty clear he didn't want to do it or didn't think he could, whatever.

But it will be very interesting to me what he does if the defense is good. Because he knows he can personally roll out a solid defense. He knows as soon as he gave it up, it wasn't pretty. Once he takes it back/bets on himself, it's good again (assuming, of course). Would he potentially make the same mistake twice? Or basically say "***** it, i thought when i got the HC job I could pass this off, but I can't. It's my deal". We'll see. Neither scenario would surprise me, just my $0.02 trying to put myself in his shoes.

Advertisement
Dude was really good and always under rated.
Just talked to him a couple week ago. Him and EJ Biggers were in my Frosh class at WMU. Lou was the first person I ever met who dead *** said, “I have to make it to the league. Im not cut out for this book ****.” Thought he was joking but bruh wasn’t going to let anything stop him. That’s when I knew the will to make it is almost, if not more important than talent/hype.

What about Simpson? Will he get a look?
I see Shoop as an experience DC mentor “place holder”. In a few years if there’s continued Success I can see a Co DC role for Simpson and TROB. Right now I would just let Shoop/Manny run the defense and give TROB the Co DC “Title”. If we want to keep him we’re going to have to make it Worth his while!

Advertisement
You guys are funny! Season hasn’t started yet, there is no ink to be used on NSD paper to have the commits bound and we are trying to figure out coaching roles next season. I am hopeful that we have such lively debate after the successful season that we all want. It’s first thing first. Let’s show up versus Bama and then compete ALL areas on long. Sure TRob looks like the goods, but if Manny if is shoved out of the door, is any of this relevant? Not trying to clown. Just wondering if some of these recruits stick if we don’t back it up on the field.

You guys are funny! Season hasn’t started yet, there is no ink to be used on NSD paper to have the commits bound and we are trying to figure out coaching roles next season. I am hopeful that we have such lively debate after the successful season that we all want. It’s first thing first. Let’s show up versus Bama and then compete ALL areas on long. Sure TRob looks like the goods, but if Manny if is shoved out of the door, is any of this relevant? Not trying to clown. Just wondering if some of these recruits stick if we don’t back it up on the field.
At Worst, Miami wins 9 games and won’t be fired. The schedule won’t allow him to be fired with this roster.

Just talked to him a couple week ago. Him and EJ Biggers were in my Frosh class at WMU. Lou was the first person I ever met who dead *** said, “I have to make it to the league. Im not cut out for this book ****.” Thought he was joking but bruh wasn’t going to let anything stop him. That’s when I knew the will to make it is almost, if not more important than talent/hype.
Delmas was an impressive player, suks the he had those injuries to his knees.

Advertisement
Any chance this turns back into thread about Williams?
first time GIF

Visiting for the cookout on 6/1 and says he is taking an official to us as well. Coach Ish went to this kids HS, that along with T Rob has us in the game here. Looks like a true center fielder FS type. I’d be all for it.
True center fielder FS type is right! This kids Hudl shows the most natural ball hawk at safety that I have seen in I don't know how long. Good vision as he sees the field very well to go along with elite instincts and range. Long and rangy athlete who should only get stronger, faster and more explosive in our S&C program. With T. Rob to coach him up, Williams is one of the most intriguing pure center fielder FS prospects to come around in a long time. I'm absolutely all for it!

Advertisement
No way we take 25, maybe 20…..maybe.

97- 8 seniors = 89
89- 7 walkons on ship = 82
82- 9 NFL guys = 71
71 - 8 transfers/retirements = 63 (22 spots!)

We have already had 4 transfers and used 2 spots for August kids against ‘22. The 9 NFL guys could be a BIG reach. If they return, I expect more transfers as kids 2 or 3 deep won’t want to sit.

Thus I could see us get to 22 before NSD leaving room for at least one portal kid in the summer and potentially more towards ‘23 if more spring transfers happen.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back