Markeith Williams DB 2022 - COMMITS !!!

Advertisement
It’s only a title , very unlikely he calls plays this early. People will offering him that title , just look at our lb coach situation this off season.

yeah its all always titles. People's roles rarely change much from the norm, its a way to give them the carrot of a promotion, title, and of course justify a raise. Fans get really, really too caught up in the org charts. It's still coaching football.

Shoop cannot recruit. He isn't made out for it, saw it first hand in my kitchen and living room when he was at Boston College. Let him draw up game plans and be part of the team, but he would absolutely be a liability on the trail.
When you’re a coordinator your product does much of the recruiting for you.

He may be atrocious, many cfb coaches are. I experienced a lot of trash recruiters first hand. But that’s why in cfb you have a staff balanced of good recruiters, developers and coordinators.

Id much rather have a great DC on game day than a great recruiter.

Advertisement
Y'all can speculate all you want with titles, but if Miami's defense is one of the better defenses in college football this year, Manny ain't giving up the gig he has now.

He knows he needs to keep T-Rob, obviously. If that's a DC title, in TITLE only, sure. But there's no reason to think that we'll have someone calling the plays next year and coordinating the defense. Whether it's T-Rob or Shoop. Manny gave it away once, and it tanked. If he turns it around this year, he's not going to give it up again.

Advertisement
When you’re a coordinator your product does much of the recruiting for you.

He may be atrocious, many cfb coaches are. I experienced a lot of trash recruiters first hand. But that’s why in cfb you have a staff balanced of good recruiters, developers and coordinators.

Id much rather have a great DC on game day than a great recruiter.
So did I and he was one of them. He cannot recruit and isn't a good enough coordinator to compensate.

Robinson called the defense at South Carolina. His first year was pretty good but the defense got worse every year. He's still a young guy in coaching terms but right now, I'm not interested in him running the defense at Miami.
That's what I'm saying. Hes always been amazing on the trail and coaching DBs so we don't have to push it further just like other great positional coaches at the other elite programs. Maybe he'd get better if he had the chance now but the reason why everybody is hung up on this isn't doing it for the right reasons especially if it doesn't work

Advertisement
Advertisement
Y'all can speculate all you want with titles, but if Miami's defense is one of the better defenses in college football this year, Manny ain't giving up the gig he has now.

He knows he needs to keep T-Rob, obviously. If that's a DC title, in TITLE only, sure. But there's no reason to think that we'll have someone calling the plays next year and coordinating the defense. Whether it's T-Rob or Shoop. Manny gave it away once, and it tanked. If he turns it around this year, he's not going to give it up again.
Honestly I’d be surprised if manny calls the plays next year regardless if the d is great or pretty good. Him taking over was more he missed on a couple huge fish and he knew this was a make or break year “ If I can’t have those big fish I only trust my job and coaching life on myself “ type deal. That’s just me spitballing.

Why do you say that? He’s not a great recruiter but is a helluva a defensive mind and dc.
He had a few good years when Miss St. was stacked on D and Penn St first year. He wears on people, why do you think he is only at these places for 2-3 years if he is so good. His role right now is perfect for him.

Honestly I’d be surprised if manny calls the plays next year regardless if the d is great or pretty good. Him taking over was more he missed on a couple huge fish and he knew this was a make or break year “ If I can’t have those big fish I only trust my job and coaching life on myself “ type deal. That’s just me spitballing.
right.

Advertisement
Back