Markeith Williams DB 2022 - COMMITS !!!

Advertisement
Can we just put T-Rob on some of these LB's croots? Heck, put him on the trench boys as well. Recruiting Liason.

Make his Co-DC and that should do it, assuming he wants the promotion. He can be like Coley was to Jimbo for a few years, Co-OC without calling the plays, and working his way into the lead role over time.

Advertisement
I know everyone is all hot and bothered about T Rob as a recruiter but he was not a good DC. We don’t need to make this mistake by forcing him into a shape he doesn’t seem to fit in.

Been waiting for someone to say this for a minute. I agree. He's not a very good DC, and he runs a system that's very different from what Diaz likes.

That said, with Shoop's assistance, Diaz should promote TROB to ensure we keep him. We've let ALOT of bums learn of the job here. If TROB is looking to be known as more than just a DB coach and recruiting phenom, why not give him the chance here, where he'll have an abundance of local talent to recruit.

I know everyone is all hot and bothered about T Rob as a recruiter but he was not a good DC. We don’t need to make this mistake by forcing him into a shape he doesn’t seem to fit in.
I’m not sure what the circumstances were during his stint as DC but for Now a Co DC is just a title to allow him more pay to keep the poachers away as his recruiting prowess is to valuable to lose. If it turns into a mentorship even better as he can fully learn the intricacies of DC with time.

I’m not sure what the circumstances were during his stint as DC but for Now a Co DC is just a title to allow him more pay to keep the poachers away as his recruiting prowess is to valuable to lose. If it turns into a mentorship even better as he can fully learn the intricacies of DC with time.
He was great in 2016 as a DC then was God awful the next 4 years at South Carolina. It's not for him and that's fine but you don't need that title to keep him just keep him extremely well paid

Advertisement
Make him DC now.. Defensive Chancellor. Made up title but it works. He can say he's the DC at the U & should be compensated well for it. Glorified position coach who's in charge of recruiting & roster re-make.

Point still remains, 3 DT's in 2 years is pitiful whether Roberts and Williams are DT's or not. We would be setting ourselves up for failure in 2 years and wondering why we can't stop the **** run because we are having to play 255 pound DE's inside Vegas Franklin style.

We need 3, minimum.
2 would get it done. hard pass on signing just 1, I agree with you there.

I think we are getting ahead of ourselves although that’s what this place is for. Manny did allegedly deny him the co-dc title he asked for while interviewing. i will not deny Trob’s USCe struggles but here is my rosy eyes viewpoint.

Shoop got his first p5 dc job (Vanderbilt) at 44 (trob 34), but had multiple other non P5 dc experiences to aid him on his first go around. I believe some are underestimating how hard it is to a first time DC of non top 5 SEC program (he has coached against Clemsona ton too, which is a positive thing.)

T-Rob will turn 40 in September w/ 5 years of DC experience under what the CFB market considers a top 10 defensive mind in “big boy football.” Helped kids get to the NFL. On both sides of the ball, there are not many assistant coaches that can hold a candle to him. A promotion will soon come for him whether it’s Miami or another university.

Plenty of room to improve. Plenty of reasons why Trob as DC could/would be better than USCe: his familiarity with the state of Florida in regards to recruiting, better offense (affects TOP), easier schedule, his failures giving him a new approach, and a role as DC would expand our best recruiter’s scope therefore hopefully turning that expanded scope into recruiting better players in the front 7.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Let’s let him coach and recruit a few cycles before we throw out the DC talk
Agreed, let’s at least see what the on field product looks like for 1 season…he’s essentially the equivalent of a Greentree All-American right now.

wasnt chump essentially the DC there? I know TRob was DC in name, but I wouldn’t be surprised if chump played a heavy role in the defense

Advertisement
I think we are getting ahead of ourselves although that’s what this place is for. Manny did allegedly deny him the co-dc title he asked for while interviewing. i will not deny Trob’s USCe struggles but here is my rosy eyes viewpoint.

Shoop got his first p5 dc job (Vanderbilt) at 44 (trob 34), but had multiple other non P5 dc experiences to aid him on his first go around. I believe some are underestimating how hard it is to a first time DC of non top 5 SEC program (he has coached against Clemsona ton too, which is a positive thing.)

T-Rob will turn 40 in September w/ 5 years of DC experience under what the CFB market considers a top 10 defensive mind in “big boy football.” Helped kids get to the NFL. On both sides of the ball, there are not many assistant coaches that can hold a candle to him. A promotion will soon come for him whether it’s Miami or another university.

Plenty of room to improve. Plenty of reasons why Trob as DC could/would be better than USCe: his familiarity with the state of Florida in regards to recruiting, better offense (affects TOP), easier schedule, his failures giving him a new approach, and a role as DC would expand our best recruiter’s scope therefore hopefully turning that expanded scope into recruiting better players in the front 7.
This 💯. Can’t just peg a dude as not being a good DC after one opportunity and without the the relevant context and nuance associated with his tenure.

wasnt chump essentially the DC there? I know TRob was DC in name, but I wouldn’t be surprised if chump played a heavy role in the defense
Robinson called the defense at South Carolina. His first year was pretty good but the defense got worse every year. He's still a young guy in coaching terms but right now, I'm not interested in him running the defense at Miami.

Advertisement
Back