Markeith Williams DB 2022 - COMMITS !!!

Advertisement
Point still remains, 3 DT's in 2 years is pitiful whether Roberts and Williams are DT's or not. We would be setting ourselves up for failure in 2 years and wondering why we can't stop the **** run because we are having to play 255 pound DE's inside Vegas Franklin style.

We need 3, minimum.
Yep, can’t keep plugging in tweeners and expect things to change.

Advertisement
Point still remains, 3 DT's in 2 years is pitiful whether Roberts and Williams are DT's or not. We would be setting ourselves up for failure in 2 years and wondering why we can't stop the **** run because we are having to play 255 pound DE's inside Vegas Franklin style.

We need 3, minimum.
Portal changes the game imo . If they cant get what they want we can get fillers in the portal every year . I do agree the battles are won in the trenches

Advertisement
Anyone know testing numbers for dude?
IDK but 247 says..

EVALUATED 01/30/2021​

Andrew Ivins

Andrew IvinsSOUTHEAST RECRUITING ANALYST

PROJECTION​

2-3 RoundDAY 2

Tall, rangy athlete with some length in the arms. Skinny, even for a high schooler. A ballhawk of a safety that can patrol the backend of a defense and create takeaways. Uses long stride to chew up turf. Able to change directions better than most. Reads the quarterback well from his deep alignment. Quickly recognizes and diagnoses route concepts. Fills the alley with purpose as a run defender. Always looking to strike someone. Described by coaches as a “tone setter” given physical style of play. Broke his wrist on the first defensive series of a game as a junior and refused to leave the field. Ended up leading his team in tackles that night. Has some experience in man coverage, but that’s an area of his game that he can keep improving. Must also add some muscle in both the upper and lower halves if he’s going to be able to wrangle tight ends and running backs in college. Picked off six passes as a freshman and seven more as a sophomore before quarterbacks started looking the other way. Should find plenty of success at the Power 5 level. Could excell in a single-high system. Longer frame will likely have him on the NFL's radar.

Athletic Background​

Also runs track. A district qualifier as a sophomore in the 100-meter dash and long jump.
2020: Wore a club on one of his hands for most of the season after breaking wrist.
2019: Orlando Sentinel All-Area first-team selection.

Advertisement
I’d say you can maybe move OL from 4 to 3 in that case and give you the other DT

if Lucas is the 3tech of this class we NEED a true plugger 1tech like a Tarbor to be that guy
Don’t forget the portal. Helps you get the guys currently a bit older and more mature, while focusing on it big time next cycle. Similar to DB recruiting this year.

Advertisement
Maybe I missed it, but I’m surprised no ones mentioned that Kenard Lang (mid 90’s DE and former 1st rounder) is now the HC at Evans. I know it’s been mentioned with Aristide’s ties to Evans, but you gotta think Kenard’s connection SHOULD help (although I don’t believe he’s ever sent a player our way lol).

Advertisement
Back