Mark Walton Vision?

Is it me or has he really turned the corner on his vision, I feel like the last couple years he would hit a hole hard weather it was open or not. Now he has that amazing jump cut and man is he really becoming an amazing back!

His Vision has improved because of the 55 lenses he has on. Just cut right and dude has the whole side cleared up.

his vision has improved because all of a sudden as soon he gets the ball he doesn't have to dodge a tackle

we have now seen walton with actual running lanes and.. he's been kinda scary

we'll see how he looks now that the warmup is over

Advertisement
I've been a huge Walton hater - but 11 for 204 is **** impressive no matter who it was against. One of the best games ever for a Canes RB. I hope this carries over into ACC play.

I've been a huge Walton hater - but 11 for 204 is **** impressive no matter who it was against. One of the best games ever for a Canes RB. I hope this carries over into ACC play.

The world is officially coming to an end, bshaw28 has said a positive comment about Mark Walton...

This notion that we're just now seeing Walton's vision because of the oline is complete absurdity. The oline may be better this year, but they weren't getting blown up every single play in the past. We had a huge sample size of well blocked running plays where we could see Walton's vision. In the past he lacked patience and often missed cutback lanes that were open for big gains. He's now exhibiting some patience and looking for those cutbacks. I'm usually a "you have it or you don't" guy when it comes to vision as I think that's most often the case. However, Walton is a noted student of the game and has an out of this world work ethic. A guy like that no doubt spends a lot of time self scouting and improving his craft and I think it's clear that's what has happened with his vision.

Better coaching equates to better film study & fundamentals. AND much better o-line play.

While his "vision" might not improve per say, he definitely understands how to read keys better (especially on the second level).

Understanding reading a defense & your blocking scheme better, will obviously give the elusion of an improvement in vision.

Advertisement
The "bad vision" talk was classic Cane fan overstating something without any substance.

Our OL was God awful for the last 2 years, Walton's vision looked so bad because the guys in front of him weren't doing their job.

Most of our interior line would get blown off the line as soon as the ball was snapped, which is why Walton would always run into the back of his blockers.

Even the downfield WR blocking is drastically different than its ever been in the recent past.

But like classic Canes fans, instead of recognizing the real issue people just bashed Walton because it's the easiest thing to do.

I'm not saying he was perfect, but he's been a lot better than he's ever given credit for by our fans.

Kid is gonna finish his career as the all-time TD leader for RB's & he gets ****ted on more than any other player on our team smh lol

And his aren't meaningless stats, there have been games where he put the team on his back & won us games, and the thanks he got was constant ridicule all offseason.

Bashing Canes players is just wrong. Kid is the goods and shuld be praised for his effort, leadership and evolution as a player and man.

The world is officially coming to an end, bshaw28 has said a positive comment about Mark Walton...

The only thing more shocking would be if you or El said something critical of Walton, haha

OL definitely caused issues but there is a significant difference in his decision making now compared to 12 months ago.

Advertisement

The only thing more shocking would be if you or El said something critical of Walton, haha
That's where you're wrong...

I'm objective enough to criticize Walton when he deserves it. The reason why it doesn't happen often is because mainly he hasn't deserved it & because of haters like yourself & others I'm forced to defend a local Dade kid from his supposed own fans.

You're an admitted Walton hater, think about how ****** insane that sounds...

The kid is our starting RB, a high 4-star who came here during a time when local high recruits were ****tin on & dodging the U like it's the plague. A kid that has experienced personal tragedy that many people themselves wouldn't be able to handle with the class & grace that he has. A kid who was unlawfully targeted by his own local Police simply because he wears the Orange & Green. A young man who's grown up in front of our own eyes, became a team leader & has rallied this program and put it on his back, and his own fans sh*t on him more than anyone.

You even said you would rather have Scarlett or any of the others guys who haven't come close to his level production over him, that's how much you hate the kid smh.

So yeah I end up having to defend him a lot, but it's not because I'm incapable of being critical of him, it's because if not then who the **** would?

This notion that we're just now seeing Walton's vision because of the oline is complete absurdity. The oline may be better this year, but they weren't getting blown up every single play in the past. We had a huge sample size of well blocked running plays where we could see Walton's vision. In the past he lacked patience and often missed cutback lanes that were open for big gains. He's now exhibiting some patience and looking for those cutbacks. I'm usually a "you have it or you don't" guy when it comes to vision as I think that's most often the case. However, Walton is a noted student of the game and has an out of this world work ethic. A guy like that no doubt spends a lot of time self scouting and improving his craft and I think it's clear that's what has happened with his vision.

This. Greatly improved, some of those runs don't happen the past 2 years. He's a complete back now, monster

Our interior OL has gotten infinitely better YoY. Linder was awful and McDermott was totally out of position. Donaldson is just a stud compared to Isidora.

Advertisement
FYI Mark Walton leads ALL running backs in the nation in yards per attempt at 13.0.

I understand we have played less games against weak opponents but still nice to see.

That's where you're wrong...

I'm objective enough to criticize Walton when he deserves it. The reason why it doesn't happen often is because mainly he hasn't deserved it & because of haters like yourself & others I'm forced to defend a local Dade kid from his supposed own fans.

You're an admitted Walton hater, think about how ****in insane that sounds...

The kid is our starting RB, a high 4-star who came here during a time when local high recruits were ****tin on & dodging the U like it's the plague. A kid that has experienced personal tragedy that many people themselves wouldn't be able to handle with the class & grace that he has. A kid who was unlawfully targeted by his own local Police simply because he wears the Orange & Green. A young man who's grown up in front of our own eyes, became a team leader & has rallied this program and put it on his back, and his own fans sh*t on him more than anyone.

You even said you would rather have Scarlett or any of the others guys who haven't come close to his level production over him, that's how much you hate the kid smh.

So yeah I end up having to defend him a lot, but it's not because I'm incapable of being critical of him, it's because if not then who the **** would?

We're just on 2 different sides of the spectrum with Walton, and I get that. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

You think Walton's "bad vision" is a cop out for bad OL play. I think always blaming the OL is a cop out for Walton's vision.

You think there's been games where Walton has put us on his back to win. I see maybe 1 (NC State).

You think he got constant ridicule offseason. I see threads saying he's a 1,500 RB, best in the ACC, Top 5 RB in the country, Heisman Candidate, better than Saquon Barkley, etc. and think I can't remember a player I thought was more overrated by our fans.

Walton's style drive me crazy, which I've broken down countless times, and yes I'd rather have Jordan Scarlett. I'd also rather have Dexter Williams.

Yearby was a high 4 star local RB who came here when we were down and was our starting RB too. It drove me crazy when he was getting hyped as better than Cook or Duke, when I always saw nothing more than a solid college RB. I always compared him to Graig Cooper and people took that as insult when I thought it was realistic.

I get that Walton is a good dude and you WANT the local kid to be great. I just think he's great dude, but not a great player.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back