Mark Walton Vision?

Jimsartay

Redshirt Freshman
Is it me or has he really turned the corner on his vision, I feel like the last couple years he would hit a hole hard weather it was open or not. Now he has that amazing jump cut and man is he really becoming an amazing back!

Advertisement
It's really incredible how much he's improved all areas of his game, particularly his vision. He might be the best RB in the country save for Saquan Barkley.

Yep kid has really improved, if he had one more gear he would be the best back in country

Great points by all here. Very impressive improvement. If he was 15 pounds heavier and extra gear... WOW. I hope he is able to produce same output against the tougher squads on schedule. FSU and VT would be ideal for a repeat

Advertisement
Great points by all here. Very impressive improvement. If he was 15 pounds heavier and extra gear... WOW. I hope he is able to produce same output against the tougher squads on schedule. FSU and VT would be ideal for a repeat

The "bad vision" talk was classic Cane fan overstating something without any substance.

Our OL was God awful for the last 2 years, Walton's vision looked so bad because the guys in front of him weren't doing their job.

Most of our interior line would get blown off the line as soon as the ball was snapped, which is why Walton would always run into the back of his blockers.

Even the downfield WR blocking is drastically different than its ever been in the recent past.

But like classic Canes fans, instead of recognizing the real issue people just bashed Walton because it's the easiest thing to do.

I'm not saying he was perfect, but he's been a lot better than he's ever given credit for by our fans.

Kid is gonna finish his career as the all-time TD leader for RB's & he gets ****ted on more than any other player on our team smh lol

And his aren't meaningless stats, there have been games where he put the team on his back & won us games, and the thanks he got was constant ridicule all offseason.

This guy is so critical to this team. His vision and balance and hands are elite. His strength and power are underrated.

Advertisement
The "bad vision" talk was classic Cane fan overstating something without any substance.

Our OL was God awful for the last 2 years, Walton's vision looked so bad because the guys in front of him weren't doing their job.

Most of our interior line would get blown off the line as soon as the ball was snapped, which is why Walton would always run into the back of his blockers.

Even the downfield WR blocking is drastically different than its ever been in the recent past.

But like classic Canes fans, instead of recognizing the real issue people just bashed Walton because it's the easiest thing to do.

I'm not saying he was perfect, but he's been a lot better than he's ever given credit for by our fans.

Kid is gonna finish his career as the all-time TD leader for RB's & he gets ****ted on more than any other player on our team smh lol

And his aren't meaningless stats, there have been games where he put the team on his back & won us games, and the thanks he got was constant ridicule all offseason.

I don't think this is entirely accurate. His vision and jump cut have definitely improved.

Yearby looked shiftier and like he had better vision the past two years. Walton was always better between the tackles and ran harder. This year's Walton would've been the best in each category over the past 3 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement

I completely agree, and would add that he understands the blocking schemes that are finally being executed correctly. Has nothing to do with "his vision" improving.. Frank Gore was tough and so was Duke Johnson, but this kid is probably tougher. To me that's what stands out the most about him.

Last edited:
He's also an incredibly mature young man of very high character. He's a true Cane who leads by example. Physically and mentally tough. And he bleeds orange and green.

Advertisement
Is it me or has he really turned the corner on his vision, I feel like the last couple years he would hit a hole hard weather it was open or not. Now he has that amazing jump cut and man is he really becoming an amazing back!

His Vision has improved because of the 55 lenses he has on. Just cut right and dude has the whole side cleared up.

Lol vision don't improve. It's instinct. Like how the **** do you "learn" vision? You think these rbs are thinking about chalkboard drawings or running drills from practice in the split second they have to make a cut? only brain dead morans questioned Waltons vision. The rest of us with a functioning brain cell recognized that vision is worthless if your ol gets steamrolled on every play.

Walton is a heisman candidate this year. I though that long before this season started.

Advertisement
Back