Mark Walton and Joe Yearby are underrated by our fans

JoeYearbyFan

Thunderdome
I constantly see people trying to put both these RB's down, calling them "average" or not "miami material" on here.

Both are great backs and both are terrific people. First off Joe Yearby got my respect when he took some time off last year to spend time with his kids and the coaching staff last year trust him enough to take the time. As far his abilty I feel like Joe is going ot have a very good career in the NFL. He has all the ability to be a change of pace third down RB. Just because he lacks speed he makes up for it in his RB skillset. He can make people miss in small space, has great vision and quickness, and he is an elite pass catcher out of the backfield. That skillset will make him a productive NFL player.

Mark Walton should be respect because he's another Miami guy that bleed Miami. He is 100% alpha leader personality. Some people have it, some don't. Mark Walton commands respect from every single teammate and it's no surprise when I read that people look up too him as aleader even as a freshman. I really compare Mark Walton to knowshon moreno. Moreno was bigger, but their running styles are similar. Both are not burners, but both run bigger then they're size. Mark is shifiter though and like Yearby is an elite pass catcher out of the backfield.

Advertisement
I think what they're elite at is catching the ball out of the backfield.

But when it comes to running the ball, they're at best "decent" and "experienced".

Yearby "had" elite quickness and vision in HS and his freshman year here. He looked like he was going to be a star.

His idiotic decision to add 30 lbs has ruined that though

Advertisement
Not sure yet about Yearby but I agree with you on Walton. He's underrated by our fanbase. The bigger problem is our OL.

Not sure yet about Yearby but I agree with you on Walton. He's underrated by our fanbase. The bigger problem is our OL.
How is a guy who put up 3.5 yards per carry on about 90 carries underrated when most people on here talk about him like he's a top RB? He was probably in the bottom 10 RBs in FBS in ypc for guys with more than 80 carries.

How is a guy who put up 3.5 yards per carry on about 90 carries underrated when most people on here talk about him like he's a top RB? He was probably in the bottom 10 RBs in FBS in ypc for guys with more than 80 carries.

running behind one of the worste offesnive lines in football

Yearby "had" elite quickness and vision in HS and his freshman year here. He looked like he was going to be a star.

His idiotic decision to add 30 lbs has ruined that though

Excellent point, but in light of the systemic philosophy of weight gain that the last staff promoted, I place the blame squarely on their shoulders. Joe did need to put on some good weight, just not so much weight.

Advertisement

Are you not the same guy that's been talking about how awful our OL was last year?

Last edited:
Amen bother! ONE CAVEAT, MW IS AN ELITE RECEIVER ALSO FROM BACKFIELD- what a rich group we have; very fortunate

I'm sure Walton is a great guy but when your long run for the year is 30 something yards on over 100 chances then a red flag goes up.

Yearby is not a homerun threat either but at least he has the quickness to make people miss which I rarely see with Walton.

I'm sure Walton is a great guy but when your long run for the year is 30 something yards on over 100 chances then a red flag goes up.

Yearby is not a homerun threat either but at least he has the quickness to make people miss which I rarely see with Walton.

Huh? Look at Mark Walton here creating. People SERIOUSLY underestimate his ability. That offensive line last year was AWFUl.

[video=youtube;0fxTlWUINfo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fxTlWUINfo[/video]

Advertisement

Are you not the same guy that's been talking about how awful our OL was last year?
No, Moron. A great RB gets more than 3.5 per no matter who is blocking. What was Yearby's ypc behind that same line? And Yearby is not an elite RB either. But he was a lot better than Walton.

Walton is an elite pass catching RB. He'll get better running the ball too. But he's not an electric guy who will score from anywhere. He's a good solid player like Yearby. We need a dose of electricity at RB, though, because we don't have it.

No, Moron. A great RB gets more than 3.5 per no matter who is blocking. What was Yearby's ypc behind that same line? And Yearby is not an elite RB either. But he was a lot better than Walton.

Walton is an elite pass catching RB. He'll get better running the ball too. But he's not an electric guy who will score from anywhere. He's a good solid player like Yearby. We need a dose of electricity at RB, though, because we don't have it.

Someone should report this dirty franchise to the health department. Mark Walton was a backup which means that he was not the primary ball carrier.

How quickly our fans forget what a real Miami Running Back is supposed to look like.

rn_dukejohnson_ms_600.jpg

Advertisement

Someone should report this dirty franchise to the health department. Mark Walton was a backup which means that he was not the primary ball carrier.

Another big thing they used Walton for short distance situations (for some reason) and goal-line. Which actually bothered me because Yearby seemed to sneak between the tackles faster and was better at finding the sticks and end-zone.

Another big thing they used Walton for short distance situations (for some reason) and goal-line. Which actually bothered me because Yearby seemed to sneak between the tackles faster and was better at finding the sticks and end-zone.

Exactly. These guys just watch the game. They don't pay attention to stuff like that.

Yep. Portis and Gore, for example, were difference makers from the moment they first started getting balls....as freshmen...

There's a difference between being productive and being a difference maker - quite a noticeable difference, actually...

They're both good out of the backfield catching balls....And they'll definitely be doing that with Richt calling the shots on offense....

As for their ceilings when running the ball out of the backfield, I think they'll both be productive backs, but I wouldn't be surprised if an RB or two passes them on the depth chart before they finish their careers here....

Advertisement
Back