Mark Walton 247 "update" 2/12

Walton, who has verbally committed to Miami, led Booker T. Washington in rushing with 832 yards and 14 touchdowns for the national champs, but he split carries with senior Krondis Larry and was in offense that heavily featured the pass led by Florida signee Treon Harris.

-This year he’s ready for an elevated role as he also caught eight passes for 131 yards and two touchdowns while averaging 8.4 yards a carry.

-says “I’m ready, I’m excited about it,” “I’m going to come in to practice every day and work hard and just keep my mind focused and try to get other guys like the o-line, younger guys, and the new guys to try to get them motivated for a championship run.”

-has been successful, received college offers, and performed on the big stage—124 yards and two touchdowns in the Class 4A championship game—he still feels doubted by some.

-says “I feel I still have something to prove,” Walton said. “I’m just not going to be satisfied with where I’m at right now. I want to get better every day.”

-briefly transferred to Miami Central this semester, but went back to Booker T.

-says “This is my home, I realized when I left I felt different over there at Miami Central,” “This is my home, I came back, and I’m not going anywhere.”
Winning another state championship is Walton’s goal in 2014.

-says “My goals is to do the same thing that the senior class did and just try to keep Booker T.’s momentum going,” Walton said. “I’m going to try to lead my team back to the state championship and do whatever I can do offensive or defensive-wise, wherever they put me and keep my team going.”

-Two of his teammates, Chad Thomas and Demetrius Jackson, signed with Miami last week.

-says “Seeing them in the backfield by the time I get the ball and seeing them have the ability to get their pads on the offensive tackles and get to the backfield, that’s what they’re really good at right now,” “No doubt it’s going they’re going to keep being motivated when they get to college and going to the University of Miami. They’re ready to play.”

-turns 17 next month, would like to re-classify to the 2015 class and will know by August if he will be able to graduate with his class after being held back in third grade. To be able to re-classify Walton will either need to take night classes or virtual school over the summer.

-He still remains committed to Miami and plans to attend their summer camp and an upcoming Junior Day.

-says “I’m still committed there solid,” “My thoughts are they got a great 2014 signing class coming in.”

Auburn and South Florida have been his most recent offers. Recently Louisville and Tennessee have expressed interest. He’s planning on visiting Alabama, Florida State, Georgia, and Louisville this spring and summer.

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/RB-Mark-Walton-Ready-For-a-Lead-Role-at-Booker-T-177024

Advertisement
Kid is special, we need to keep on him hard. i like that he feels he has something to prove because i thought he was overshadowed by everyone else. Yearby,Walton Combo will be sick.

Advertisement
[video=youtube;hdG9R1oRboI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdG9R1oRboI[/video]

I like him a lot, he seems motivated.

How big is this kid? For some reason I thought he was like 6'2 215... He's a good ball player...

5'10" 180 lbs

Kid will be 205 by the time he enrolls here..

Yeah, we need to have bigger backs. I love Yearby and Duke, but neither will hold up carrying 20 times a game, in my view. Sometimes, though, it seems a smaller back can move a pile better than a bigger back. I remember how Portis used to move a pile as a freshman, and compare that to Gus Johnson who just seems to lean into a pile while standing straight up. I hope they can adjust Gus' running style to get lower. He seems to have a good body although maybe a bit tall for a tailback.

Advertisement
I thought he was bigger too. Kid must play big. Nice to see all, or most, of the BTW drama play out our way this year. Sorry we lost Nigel, but it seems fences are mended. That makes me feel much better about Walton even after he blows up this year. If he gets into 2015 class it is going to be one heck of a recruiting year down here. More top flight backs and unbelievable dbs. If Duke, Howard and Bush stay for their 4th years, Canes will be loaded for the title. Talent will not be the issue.

Advertisement
180 lbs right now at high school is impressive.. is this kid a burner as well or just truck anything in his path

Advertisement
Back