Mark Stoops is the New Head Coach for...

Advertisement
They can spend all they want, but it's difficult to replace a bright and effective coaching talent. If it were that easy to throw money at problems, a host of schools - SEC and otherwise - would rarely have a problem. With Stoops, FSU already had that kind of coaching talent on board, system in place and rolling. At worst, this shakes up their momentum and *maybe* leads them to a lesser hire. I'm not sure how anyone can see this as anything but very good news.

Advertisement
Just twitter buzz...but rumor has it that Coley may be going as well :eekeyes:

If true, gotta think Jimbo has his bags pack with Auburn luggage tags on them.

I was thinking the same

Not sure we want Jimbo leaving FSU. Thinking of the alternatives scare me more than Dumbo Fish

Not saying we want him to, just seems conspicuous that half of his staff would be bailing, if he wasn't too.

Advertisement

I was thinking the same

Not sure we want Jimbo leaving FSU. Thinking of the alternatives scare me more than Dumbo Fish

Olive Garden don't scare me bruh. No defense.

You can almost accidentally field a good defense when you're at FSU. Olive Garden would be bad news.

I was thinking the same

Olive Garden don't scare me bruh. No defense.

The same approach that got Bobby Olive Garden in trouble is the same fast and loose approach that he employs in his football approach. There would be some ups, but the downs would likely be catastrophic. That's the kind of style that typically fails against the type of team-focused machine (think Stanford w/ SoFla athletes) Golden's plan implies.

Just throwing this out there and not basing this on rumours or anything, and I'm not trying to hijack the thread, but is it in the realm of a possibility that Randy Shannon would be looked at to replace Stoops.
The reason I ask this is, like Stoops has a foothold in SF for recruiting, obviously, and really kinda runs a similar defense, the base 4-3 with press man or Cover 2.
I also think Shannon wouldn't mind coming back to Florida, but my inkling is that he could never coach or be in FSU town.
Just throwing it out there as a maybe kinda of?

Just curious...why would Coley leave FSU? Does he have some other desirable talent, besides lying to and misleading SF recruits.

More money and an actual chance to call plays? Doesn't get along with Jimbo?

Lacks the desire to get yelled at constantly by Jimbo on the sidelines. Consistently annoyed by the loud rhythmic popping sound from Jimbo's sphincter when he gets "tight" during games (usually starts about an hour before kickoff and subsides about 45 minutes after the game).

Last edited:
Advertisement
Good for Coach Stoops. Always been a big fan of his since his days here as the DB coach. Hope he does well.
this
As for FSU, I wouldn't get all excited. They will replace him with someone just as good. They can pay top dollar for the best of the best.
this
Link this ****. If true, this is extremely good news for us. He was easily the best and brightest coach.
Link this ****. If true, this is extremely good news for us. He was easily the best and brightest coach.
FSU is a 5 loss team next year without Stoops
and this

Hard not to love what this guy brought to the table at UM. EReed, ST, Jennings, Rolle, and many others.

Advertisement
Just throwing this out there and not basing this on rumours or anything, and I'm not trying to hijack the thread, but is it in the realm of a possibility that Randy Shannon would be looked at to replace Stoops.
The reason I ask this is, like Stoops has a foothold in SF for recruiting, obviously, and really kinda runs a similar defense, the base 4-3 with press man or Cover 2.
I also think Shannon wouldn't mind coming back to Florida, but my inkling is that he could never coach or be in FSU town.

As a Miami fan, one can only hope

As a Miami fan, one can only hope

he ain't going; i wouldn't hope for that

Advertisement
Back