Mark Stoops and Kentucky

nycane

All-ACC
Premium
If you do not think he would leave kentucky for miami, you are crazy. He has been here, he knows the talent in the area because he is recruiting, and he knows Kentucky will never be a powerhouse in SEC. His road to NC titles is much more clear in ACC with Miami. Another positive, if COley is being micro-managed, Stoops will probably keep him and give him a shot which could save the recruiting class a little.

Advertisement
the coley part is one of the main reasons why i like the stoops hire, coley has gotten better in his play calling and designed plays has gotten better every game, id give him another chance and we all know how good he is in the recruiting stand point, i was a big fan of stoops defensive scheme also worked well with the athletes they had

Advertisement
coley found kaaya when no one knew who he was.

stoops would make owens, chad, etc monsters.

I like him or Chud. Chud could also keep Coley for recruiting until this program starts winning and recruits itself, and Chud would call the plays, while Coley looks over things with Kaaya on the sidelines

Coley can improve and learn to be a good offensive coordinator. The defensive side and ST's need real coaching...Golden's relationship with D'nof and his influence on the D is crippling the program. If he would have hired real coaches and just stayed the eff out of the way....but, that ship has sailed.

Sadly, I feel the more static the D gets, the more stubborn he will be to continue using it. He and his defensive puppet have done nothing, nothing and nothing to improve their scheme since day 1.

It's so bad, random fans of all ages could be asked to pick pre-snap calls, personnel groupings and alignments, and do no worse.

Butch would be my first three phone calls. But...

...I would take Chud over Stoops. Would need to hire a killer DC.

Advertisement
as someone who really doesnt follow much on the coaching front, can someone sell me on him? What has he done/what is he known for? Would he be a top notch hire? Looking at his career he coached at Arizona then FSU for 2 years then went 2-10 with kentucky. Clearly he needs time, and he recruited well in his first offseason, but I guess I'm just curious why people are sold on him. And really, not trolling or flaming or anything, just dont follow the coaching scene much and would like to know more about him than a quick wikipedia search. Thanks

If any new coach keep Coley they would have to caveat it with only 3 bubble screens a game kinda ****.

as someone who really doesnt follow much on the coaching front, can someone sell me on him? What has he done/what is he known for? Would he be a top notch hire? Looking at his career he coached at Arizona then FSU for 2 years then went 2-10 with kentucky. Clearly he needs time, and he recruited well in his first offseason, but I guess I'm just curious why people are sold on him. And really, not trolling or flaming or anything, just dont follow the coaching scene much and would like to know more about him than a quick wikipedia search. Thanks

Took FSUs 108th ranked D to 4th in 2 years. Finished 2nd overall a year later. Then was hired at UK

He is my #1 choice. Why?

He will have the defense fixed almost immediately. Plus, he is a defensive coach who doesn't have a conservative outlook offensively. He hired Neal Brown at UK, who has a spread background (was an OC at Troy and TTech prior to UK). He is a strong recruiter, he is working miracles in that department at UK. Plus, he has worked here and understands the area.

Advertisement
Advertisement
goldenteeshirt.jpg

If you do not think he would leave kentucky for miami, you are crazy. He has been here, he knows the talent in the area because he is recruiting, and he knows Kentucky will never be a powerhouse in SEC. His road to NC titles is much more clear in ACC with Miami. Another positive, if COley is being micro-managed, Stoops will probably keep him and give him a shot which could save the recruiting class a little.

Knows Kentucky will never be a powerhouse in the SEC? That's the thing about good coaches, they don't believe it when fans etc tell them they can't do things. Look at what Franklin did at ******* Vandy. UK has a massive athletic and football budget, excellent SEC facilities including Nutter Field House (indoor field) and more. They have huge boosters. They can throw a lot of money at a problem. Him leaving UK for UM is certainly no where near a slam dunk.

Advertisement
Back