Here are his OCs and DCs throughout his career at UGA:

OCs:
Neil Callaway (6 seasons)
Mike Bobo (8 seasons)
Brian Schottenheimer (1 seasons)
Himself/Thomas Brown (3 seasons)

DCs:
Brian VanGorder (4 seasons)
Willie Martinez (5 seasons-was forced to fire)
Todd Grantham (4 seasons)
Jeremy Pruitt (2 seasons)
Manny Diaz (3 seasons)

HC records:
Neil Callaway, UAB- 18-42 FIRED
Mike Bobo, CSU- 24-26 SOON TO BE FIRED
Brian VanGorder, GSU- 3-8 RESIGNED
Jeremy Pruitt, Tenn- 5-6

As you can see he is loyal to his hires. Ironically, the only guy he hired at UGA with a bright future is the guy he didn't get along with, Jeremy Pruitt. So anyone expecting positive changes to the offensive staff should temper expectations.

Advertisement
I've never really follow UGA at all. So I had to Google a few of those names. All this concern over Bobo (with good reason) while another one of Richt's former OC went under the radar. Neil Callaway also happens coach offensive line.

Like I said I know nothing about him or how his time at UGA went. But uhh.. No way he's a possible replacement for Searels.. Right?

so yeah, while some of his guys 'leaf', when they 'branch' out they got chopped down

That says a lot

I've never really follow UGA at all. So I had to Google a few of those names. All this concern over Bobo (with good reason) while another one of Richt's former OC went under the radar. Neil Callaway also happens coach offensive line.

Like I said I know nothing about him or how his time at UGA went. But uhh.. No way he's a possible replacement for Searels.. Right?

Callaway was just fired as OL coach by USC. I wouldn't put it past Richt to see him to hire him.

OCs:
Mike Bobo (8 seasons)

DCs:
Manny Diaz (3 seasons)

HC records:
Jeremy Pruitt, Tenn- 5-6

As you can see he is loyal to his hires. Ironically, the only guy he hired at UGA with a bright future is the guy he didn't get along with, Jeremy Pruitt. So anyone expecting positive changes to the offensive staff should temper expectations.

I made this same thread after the UVA loss. U can hardly call this a tree, pimp. This is like a twig w some fallen leaves.

Advertisement

OCs:
Mike Bobo (8 seasons)

DCs:
Manny Diaz (3 seasons)

HC records:
Jeremy Pruitt, Tenn- 5-6

Hard to start off winning at those schools except Tennessee.the others have to be built from the ground up and it's going to take longer than three years to win on a regular basis.took couple from Lou and several from Howard before we started our tradition.

The other way to look at it is whom from the current staff would be highly sought after by other schools at this point (outside of Manny)?? Maybe Dugans with FSU, but he's an alum. Richt's insistence on calling plays also is a disservice to Dugans/Brown since they carry the Co-OC title. While he may be giving them job security NOW while he's at UM, when he gets canned no one is going to be kicking down the doors for these guys.

OCs:
Mike Bobo (8 seasons)

DCs:
Manny Diaz (3 seasons)

HC records:
Jeremy Pruitt, Tenn- 5-6

When I saw the title - I was confused.

I consider the Richt Coaching Tree to be a weed.

Advertisement
The other way to look at it is whom from the current staff would be highly sought after by other schools at this point (outside of Manny)?? Maybe Dugans with FSU, but he's an alum. Richt's insistence on calling plays also is a disservice to Dugans/Brown since they carry the Co-OC title. While he may be giving them job security NOW while he's at UM, when he gets canned no one is going to be kicking down the doors for these guys.

I don’t think anyone on the current staff would be looked to for a promotion. I don’t see any future HCs on the staff outside Manny and that is a problem.

36454.gif

Advertisement

Here’s a much more effective OL coach than either Searels or Callaway

1542928240904.jpeg

OCs:
Mike Bobo (8 seasons)

DCs:
Manny Diaz (3 seasons)

HC records:
Jeremy Pruitt, Tenn- 5-6

Richt’s coaching tree
1F2361FF-35AB-40C5-88B5-D6D2F84ECC21.png
1F2361FF-35AB-40C5-88B5-D6D2F84ECC21.png

Advertisement

OCs:
Mike Bobo (8 seasons)

DCs:
Manny Diaz (3 seasons)

HC records:
Jeremy Pruitt, Tenn- 5-6

640AC8FC-93B5-4333-9789-47C27853C977.jpeg

Some coaches make things so complicated, even in young kids ball they do the same. Just put some creativity into the offensive game plan and hire a real special teams coach, simple things man **** so messed up on his part to mess up what could have been the beginning of something special instead it’s all imploding around him

They are giving Richt the money to hire quality assistants and its freaking amateur hour at the U.

Advertisement
Back