Mark Richt | Post Practice | 4.7.2016

Advertisement
Richt: "I didn't know who that big dude was that was standing over there by Coach Searles, I was hoping he was a recruit....he looked like he was really liking it around here" about Bryant McKinnie.
That's some funny **** right there, good to see Mark has a sense of humor, that was kind' lacking in his predecessor. What was his name again? Oh, never mind, it was not important anyway.

Advertisement
love this guy, key point on how kids were staying on the ground, pouting etc.. early on but he noticed they're bouncing back up quicker now. I swear last year and previous years a UM guy would stay down almost every other play.. its one of the things that aided in the Neb comeback, several plays where Miami stopped the clock with players getting up slow.

Advertisement
Are former players going to be allowed on the sidelines this year now that Donna Shalala's sorry *** is gonzo?

What kind of sanctions are those, anyway? The "How can we stick it to Miami?" penalty. I hate the NCAA and their bias against us.
Not until the sanctions are over. Has nothing to do with donna.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I wanted to hit him when he said trust the process -- Golden ruined that word.

The difference here is the use of the word. Folden used the word as a fall back excuse, Richt is using it as a term of progression.

After Mark win his first NC for us, maybe I will see the difference. Lord help us if he ever says "Be the same player every day." I'll need to be put on suicide watch.

I wanted to hit him when he said trust the process -- Golden ruined that word.

I hear you brah. The difference is that when Richt utters the phrase, there actually IS a process in place. Whereas when Golden uttered it, there was a dormant folder with the pillars in it gathering dust.

I mean this well: We need to move on from the past traumatic experiences. We need to not react negatively to anything that's a flashback to the previous regime. We seriously need to embrace the positive outlook this new staff brings. We haven't had a reason to feel good about our team since sliced bread was invented (feels like it!). Now we have a coach that we never dreamed we could get, who cares more about doing things that ARE right, than doing things that SOUND right. A coach that has been a two major programs in CFB with positive results. Yeah, I don't mind one bit when Richt says "Trust the process" cause it means something.

Advertisement
Back