Mark Richt | Post Practice | 4.14.16

Advertisement
sounds like we'll see some 2 TE sets with Herndon and Njoku. Lots of flexibility there.

sounds like we'll see some 2 TE sets with Herndon and Njoku. Lots of flexibility there.

I wouldn't be surprised to occasionally see Stan, Herndon and The Jokeman on the field at the same time.

That too - Herndon at H-Back and the 2 TEs... Sounds also like we're going to more of a power-based blocking scheme in the run game too based on the plays Richt was naming.

I wouldn't be surprised to occasionally see Stan, Herndon and The Jokeman on the field at the same time.

That too - Herndon at H-Back and the 2 TEs... Sounds also like we're going to more of a power-based blocking scheme in the run game too based on the plays Richt was naming.

Wouldn't be surprised if we see Njoku out wide a couple times as well

Advertisement
feel much better with this guy leading the offense than coley.

he mentioned Dayall Harris again, he might see something in this kid we all dont.

he mentioned Dayall Harris again, he might see something in this kid we all dont.

He was good enough to go to Ole Miss.

Guy has to be somewhat good right??

That would be a major understatement. Richt knows how to run an offense...

And he knows how to tweak it based upon the personnel available...

Advertisement
I know I will get negged for this but as a fan that's been presented mediocrity for 13 years I'm a little worried that with Richt not calling plays for 8 years the game may have evolved past his play calling ability at an elite level. Do I still have my golden shades on?

If Brad gets an effective power run game to work with, the kid will be deadly. No more 3rd and long, no more 3 and out, a lot more play action with smart QB who doesn't throw picks -- might remind us of Steve or Ken -- I like that a lot.

Advertisement

That's what I am thinking man. Work to your strengths I think we will deff see some power running with the set up mentioned above ^ to set up some PA.

I know I will get negged for this but as a fan that's been presented mediocrity for 13 years I'm a little worried that with Richt not calling plays for 8 years the game may have evolved past his play calling ability at an elite level. Do I still have my golden shades on?

Richt has called and HAD some of the greatest players to ever play CFB. C. Ward being one of them. He has seen a lot in 16 years of being a HC and however many as an OC at FSU. I am from Georgia and my brother is a season ticket holder, die hard UGA fan. Matter of fact, he went to every single Georgia game last year, home and away and the bowl game. He wont admit it but there was some politics going on at UGA last year with the AD and Richt. When Bobo was CMR's OC, Richt was fine with that and came 6 yards from beating Alabama a couple of years ago and would have probably went to the NC if he had beat them. Then Bobo left to be the HC at Colorado State (post McEltooth) and The OC Richt was forced to bring in was terrible. That is why Kirby Smart told UGA's AD, I will take the job, but I am getting my own OC and that was that.

CMR will have an offense rolling here within 2 years and that is something you can bank on. It will be up to Manny Diaz if we make the playoffs in the next couple of years because the offense will score.

Advertisement
I had that thought as well, but it's not like he's been completely out of coaching for 8 years. I think he knows what will work. Look at his resume compared to James X-Box Coley and tell me how he could POSSIBLY be worse.

Bro, you think this man is EAGER to get back into calling an offense because he sees a game that has passed him up? This man is hungry because he knows its a lot of dumb *** donofrio type of D-coordinators are out here and their ripe for the whippin.

He's ready to eat. You think Gene Chizik is ready for Mark Richt? He **** himself when art briles touched the field. Charles Kelly is terrible, i know he isn't ready. Tom Herman took him behind the woodshed and didn't even HAVE to throw the ball.

ACC better prepare thy anuses.

Yea

Advertisement
Back