Mark Pope improves on track times in one week

Advertisement
There was also a stronger head wind at the previous meet (-2.4 or something similar). Regardless, the kid has ridiculous speed and will continue to improve his times with more reps. I can't wait to see him on the field.

Last edited:
I recall reading descriptions of Pope that he was not that fast, that he was more quick than fast. Given those track times, he looks to be very fast.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Man, Naquan Wright running a 11.8. Thought he was faster than that. Davis running a 11.3 is about right. Schwartz needs to focus on Track. 10.3 against the wind is blazing, and **** again not getting Tyson. Got dam, smh

Man, Naquan Wright running a 11.8. Thought he was faster than that. Davis running a 11.3 is about right. Schwartz needs to focus on Track. 10.3 against the wind is blazing, and **** again not getting Tyson. Got dam, smh

Tyson Campbelli s a freak. Doing that at about 6'2 190pds. Which is why i thought he was the best db in the last 2 classes.

Advertisement
Can someone tell me what exactly “national elite” means? Is that future Olympian time? is that power 5 division one track scholarship fast, or is that just an arbitrary “he is pretty good” time? A “top 1%” type thing?

I have no idea, thanks in advance

Advertisement
Can someone tell me what exactly “national elite” means? Is that future Olympian time? is that power 5 division one track scholarship fast, or is that just an arbitrary “he is pretty good” time? A “top 1%” type thing?

I have no idea, thanks in advance

I don’t know what the cutoff is, but it’s doesn’t have to be as high as Olympic caliber.

I believe it’s in the top percentage of national times, just don’t know the percent. Might be top 5 percent or something like that. It’s basically mostly high school times when I’ve looked at it on the flrunners web site.

Schwartz is the only runner that’s running times that are close to Olympic qualifying times from what I’ve seen (of the group that’s being discussed here).

Lingard af 6’1 190 ran a 10.71, hes 196 or so right now

If a back is running a sub 10 over 200 pounds, that's pretty ideal. Using Bo and Herschel as a comparison is a little unfair lol. Those are once in a generation type of athletes lol. Lo will be around 220 by the time he leave, and if he still sub 10, then he's a first rounder.

Looks like pope has excellent speed. Running that fast this early in the year is a good thing. He can definitely run faster. Same with albaldes and being under 50 in the qtr this early he will get faster also. Wonder why Wiggins isn't running.

Advertisement
Back