Mark Pope and Dee Wiggins to enter the transfer portal

Hankerson and steerer both made massive Jumps before their last years here

But Pope and Wiggins really must not practice
I can’t think of a bigger bust at wr since aldarious Johnson
Aldarious Johnson was frustrating because you knew he had potential and flashed it.

There's not a game where Pope displayed potential. Sadly I just don't think he was as talented as his 5-star ranking led many to believe.

Best of luck to him.

Advertisement
He looks like a 7 on 7 demon, dont think hes NFL caliber IMO, might of been over rated coming out of HS thats just basically it. Again IMO
Might be , is what it is at this point . Still don’t like the receiver rotation that much this year.

Advertisement
Pope always gets open, it’s just that he drops passes when he does
Any team with decent press corners completely shut him down. He did a decent job of getting open with no jam. He’s a backup slot guy for any decent team.

Advertisement
Blame coaches when they drop wide open bombs?
You look at the big picture. They came with promise and were recruited by other good programs too. You work on every player you recruit, find what handicap them and try to fix it. Nobody said it is an easy job but that's why coaches make MILLIONS. How many of us make millions a year?

At Texas Tech, Mike Leach went the extra mile to teach his WR's how to catch and not drop balls. If you are too young to have seen this, Google it.

Those players don't come to you as finished products. Yeah, some won't learn no matter what you do but do you honestly believe Manny put a great effort making these players better? Or knew how to make them better? If you have doubts, look at the rest of the team especially his unit, LB's.

Mark Pope
Dee Wiggins

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm really wondering if YOU watched the games if you think that Pope was open all the time. It was obvious that he had no business on the outside last year and should only play in the slot.
agreed.... we haven't seen a wr really get open since KJ, pope had no business outside lol he's supposedly fast but not sure how many deep ball tds he caught here if any lol

agreed.... we haven't seen a wr really get open since KJ, pope had no business outside lol he's supposedly fast but not sure how many deep ball tds he caught here if any lol
Yea,you've got to be a different level of delusional to think that he was always open.

No. Wait. Please don't go, guys. What will this program ever do without you.

Advertisement
You look at the big picture. They came with promise and were recruited by other good programs too. You work on every player you recruit, find what handicap them and try to fix it. Nobody said it is an easy job but that's why coaches make MILLIONS. How many of us make millions a year?

At Texas Tech, Mike Leach went the extra mile to teach his WR's how to catch and not drop balls. If you are too young to have seen this, Google it.

Those players don't come to you as finished products. Yeah, some won't learn no matter what you do but do you honestly believe Manny put a great effort making these players better? Or knew how to make them better? If you have doubts, look at the rest of the team especially his unit, LB's.

Mark Pope
Dee Wiggins
Manny is a great talker like Golden. No, I don't think players are developing well under his leadership. But there has to be a time when players are accountable too. These guys have been put in some good spots scheme wise and they have blown it. I hope they find success wherever they go.

I still remember when the hype train was speeding down the tracks full speed ahead with these two on board. I couldn't understand how they were so highly regarded but had absolutely pedestrian stats. Even combined they weren't impressive.

Stats aren't everything, but they're something. Again, good luck to both in life as the future is what they make of it.

I still remember when the hype train was speeding down the tracks full speed ahead with these two on board. I couldn't understand how they were so highly regarded but had absolutely pedestrian stats. Even combined they weren't impressive.

Stats aren't everything, but they're something. Again, good luck to both in life as the future is what they make of it.
I hope both of them do well in whatever they set out to do. Both good kids despite their on the field deficiencies. The staff was drooling over Pope. Paradise camp when Jeudy Devonta was there they were saying Pope dominated right up there with them 2. There was massive hype internally coming out. Idk I didn’t see it on Pope, but I loved Wiggins coming out.

Advertisement
Back