Mark Pope and Dee Wiggins to enter the transfer portal

Advertisement
Ehhh, could be a mental thing. Like the yips in golf. Leonard Hankerson showed how to improve that aspect. Put in the work and it showed.
You can't shake the drops forever. Hank did enough to shake them for a stellar senior season but they eventually came back and put him out of the league. By the time he retired he was topping 'worst hands in the league' lists. I was a huge Terrell Owens fan. When he fully contracted the dropsies midway through his career, they never went away.

You can't shake the drops forever. Hank did enough to shake them for a stellar senior season but they eventually came back and put him out of the league. By the time he retired he was topping 'worst hands in the league' lists. I was a huge T.O. fan. When he fully contracted the dropsies midway through his career, they never went away.
True, some guys never fully overcome it I guess. I just remember how good he was his last year for us, unbelievable difference.

Advertisement
Wiggins goes somewhere that has no other options to throw to, still drops a ton of balls, but otherwise puts up good stats (50 catches, 700 yards, 7 TDs or something) and this board will go nuts without watching him actually play.

Actually had a friend ask me about him and my perspective as a fan. He is in a recruiting department at a top 25 program… I said watch Louisville and FSU 2019 if you want to convince the head coach to offer him. If you’re not desperate watch any other game from the last 3 years.

Advertisement
This will be a nice case study for the theory that it's all coaching and the kids are great but the coaches prevent them from making plays. We'll see if Pope and Wiggins go anywhere and do anything of note.

Not with these two.

They failed because of poor hands and lack of upper body strength mostly. I noticed their highlights at Southridge were almost exclusively off coverage. They probably struggled even then with physical, in-your-face coverage.

But the weak way we supposedly practice certainly wouldn’t prepare them for the physicality they faced on gameday.

If they were mentally tougher, they could have had a chance. Oh well. Good look to them finding a spot and turning their careers around.

We can agree to disagree, but I don’t see how a scholarship football player at this level can be soft if getting up early and lifting weights all offseason…and all the training, practices, discipline, hits taken in practice and games and focus. And he’s got to do it while navigating school. Not to mention, all the hard work it took to even get the scholarship.

Might not have lived up what we all thought their potential was on the football field, but soft? Nah. Not seeing that
Ask anyone that followed his team. He was a 7 on 7 pull

We can agree to disagree, but I don’t see how a scholarship football player at this level can be soft if getting up early and lifting weights all offseason…and all the training, practices, discipline, hits taken in practice and games and focus. And he’s got to do it while navigating school. Not to mention, all the hard work it took to even get the scholarship.

Might not have lived up what we all thought their potential was on the football field, but soft? Nah. Not seeing that
While I agree with your overall premise, I wouldn’t include “hits taken in practice”.....

Good luck to the both of them.

I hope FSU is their landing spot.

On a serious note, I've given them some **** in the past. It wasn't personal and I don't think I made it so. I hope they kill it somewhere else and kill it in life. There's more to your time on this planet than football. It sucks when it's your last game and that pro dream has died, but don't worry, you'll have other dreams.

Advertisement
who cares family guy GIF

Advertisement
Lol @ people blaming coaches because those two guys couldn’t learn to catch the ball in four years. Restrepo and Keyshawn Smith are already more reliable than either of those guys and they’re only second year players. ****, Wiggins never learned to run routes. Post and screen is the only thing he does and half the time he drops them. I’d give Mark Pope a high five on his way out the door but he’d probably see it coming and run away.

Pope is not soft
He just plain sucks
Nothing more nothing less
I would consider someone like Stacey coley soft
Wrong. Stacey Coley might have always been “injured” but he’s the opposite of Mark Pope. He could beat the jam, he’d make catches in the middle of the field and he was one of the best contested ball catchers we’ve ever had. How many prayer goal line fades did Brad Kaaya toss to a perfect covered Coley that he still caught? Mark Pope never caught a contested ball ever. If he wasn’t given a free release, he could easily be jammed or thrown off his route because he was so weak. If there was. DB anywhere near him, he’d get scared and lose concentration and drop the pass because he was deathly afraid of being tackled.

I get it that if you’re a smaller guy, sometimes it’s the smart move to just get out of bounds instead of trying to take a bunch of hits but you can’t be AFRAID of being tackled. It’s literally why Pope was so good in 7 on 7. He knew he wasn’t going to get hit so he wouldn’t lose concentration trying to catch the ball.

Advertisement
Back