Mark Emmert gets contract extension

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Hopefully this is what drives the P5 conferences out of the NCAA. If the SEC doesn't want to join, then that is fine. Enjoy whatever you are left with.

I hear what you are saying. However, if you don't think a P5 version of the NCAA wouldn't be dominated by the SEC...

I just think we have to be realistic with our expectations...

I hear what you are saying. However, if you don't think a P5 version of the NCAA wouldn't be dominated by the SEC...

I just think we have to be realistic with our expectations...
It would be, because money talks. However, at least we would have a fighting chance there in terms of how inconsistently the NCAA enforces its rules. At a minimum it can't be much worse than the double standards we need to deal with now. Also, why is the president of Georgetown, a school generally unbothered by athletics since John Thompson retired, in any way a decision maker on Emmert staying. The guy has absolutely zero real world experience as to how these policies affect schools.

Advertisement
It would be, because money talks. However, at least we would have a fighting chance there in terms of how inconsistently the NCAA enforces its rules. At a minimum it can't be much worse than the double standards we need to deal with now. Also, why is the president of Georgetown, a school generally unbothered by athletics since John Thompson retired, in any way a decision maker on Emmert staying. The guy has absolutely zero real world experience as to how these policies affect schools.
He is one of many on that board. Includes d2 and D3 reps also. It isn’t just D1

On another thread, when I point out that "money will talk" on expansion of the playoff field, certain people ****e down their own legs trying to claim that this will ruin college football.

Oh well, I just don't think that any governing body will do anything that is, in any way, favorable to Miami. Or even neutral towards Miami.

On another thread, when I point out that "money will talk" on expansion of the playoff field, certain people ****e down their own legs trying to claim that this will ruin college football.

Oh well, I just don't think that any governing body will do anything that is, in any way, favorable to Miami. Or even neutral towards Miami.
At least not on purpose.

Advertisement

Whether it will ruin it or not is irrelevant. If there is enough money to be made, it will expand, and they are going to have to offset some form of likeness expense at some point. Let's also not forget that Mark Emmert in his brilliance gave away the rights to the cash cow that is the football playoff.

You are not wrong, and I fear it will be like The Who said... meet the new boss, same as the old boss. The question is whether the unknown is better or worse than the known commodity. In any case, I trust Blake James to put his foot down to ensure we are treated well and the ACC to have our backs. :ROFLMAO:

Advertisement
Back