Mario's offensive philosophy

Advertisement
The most recent mass success he saw was at bama before saban adapted
remember those 13-10 lsu bama games

Even those loaded bama teams couldn’t beat Manzel if he took a lead bc they still would bro style , saban adapted and hired lane

That’s what Mario wants to be that early saban bama offense
And he won’t adapt

If TrumpyCane is correct Mario was on the staff with Kiffin for 2 years

If TrumpyCane is correct Mario was on the staff with Kiffin for 2 years
He definitely was bc when I took some kids to the Saban camp Kiffin was on staff and so was Mario (after he scolded me for throwing up the U to him lol while I'm decked out in all canes gear,. But we talked and I will never question his love for the Canes.) This was when Jeudy was a soph and practicing against jr and sr's at the camp.

Advertisement
We’ve been duped we’ve been had with this HYBRID AIR-RAID. Mario aims for offense to look like GEORGIA’S. That offense to me looks like a SMASH MOUTH Bro Style.

Mario Wants to play every game like we did against Clemson and Virginia….thats where he’s the most comfortable

No he doesn't lol…Where do people come up with this ****?

He won those games playing like that because we had Emory Williams in one, and 3 quarters of TVD looking like a complete ******* in the other.

You people go waayyy too far with these narratives.

Never, ever open up the offense unless you are down at least two scores.

And gosh forbid, if you are so fortunate as to ever take a lead, never, ever do anything but run the ball, keep the clock moving, and attempt to run out the clock. Play as conservative as humanly possible.

Even if there is 45, 30, or 15 minutes left in the game.

Nah. He consistently milks the clock while down two scores in the second half.

Brilliant stuff from Juan Zook.

No he doesn't lol…Where do people come up with this ****?

He won those games playing like that because we had Emory Williams in one, and 3 quarters of TVD looking like a complete ******* in the other.

You people go waayyy too far with these narratives.
So what style does he prefer to play? Did you see who he hired as the first OC here?

Advertisement
and still has him running right up the middle 20 times a game..no creativity…conservative as ****…sounds like Mario to me

Lol…He went back to power running when his good QB turned into Rick Ankle and his other two were 18 yo frosh and Jacurri Brown. Maybe he should have the first guy throw 5 picks a game and the other two three everyone they throw to?

Lol…He went back to power running when his good QB turned into Rick Ankle and his other two were 18 yo frosh and Jacurri Brown. Maybe he should have the first guy throw 5 picks a game and the other two three everyone they throw to?
Umm you do realize there is a Mario being a Qb killer narrative out there right???

idk either way to me it looks bad on Mario because the narratives are being validated

Advertisement
always believed these OCs are what Mario wanted. A guy who was looking to make a splash and move on to HC in Gattis and a failing OC that was looking to re kindle his career. No reputable OC is coming here to be told how to run their offense. Especially if the HC is not an offensive guy. With that said why would any OC come here and not get to select their own WR coach, RB coach, and Oline coach. Mario is basically selling to OCs I have the staff already set I just need you to come and call the plays i want you to call. Candle, Briles, Frost, Dino, or any other OC is that bracket will never come under those terms. But a mid tier OC would jump on that opportunity due to the talent they believe they will be able to have at their disposal. Only problem is when they get in they realize the HC does not want you to utilize those talents the way you want to but the way he wants you to. Saban went out on a limb and took Kiffin and got out the way. Later went on to get Shark and O'Brien and got out the way. Mario needs to take heed to that if he wants to be successful in this day and age of CFB.

Umm you do realize there is a Mario being a Qb killer narrative out there right???

idk either way to me it looks bad on Mario because the narratives are being validated

Yes I'm not stupid enough to believe every narrative I hear. You shouldn't be either.

Yes I'm not stupid enough to believe every narrative I hear. You shouldn't be either.
Hey if you like what you see from Mario led offenses, then….

GIF by Videoland

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back