Mario's offensive philosophy

Advertisement
Run it up the gut, run it up the gut, slant over the middle, punt & pin’em deep. Field position baby #mascafecitoporfavor

I guess outside of those 2 plays mishandled by 1 player, the offense was super explosive...gtfoh, nothing about Mario/Dawson's offensive philosophy screams a 10+ win season; keep waiting, but I suggest you lower your expectations even with a powder soft schedule next season
these plays are all over the game. I just named a few
I guess outside of those 2 plays mishandled by 1 player, the offense was super explosive...gtfoh, nothing about Mario/Dawson's offensive philosophy screams a 10+ win season; keep waiting, but I suggest you lower your expectations even with a powder soft schedule next season
its not just those few plays. It’s all over the game, all over the season for that matter. And discounting touchdowns is pure insanity. FSU went 13-0 right, now take a one it their touchdowns off the board in each one of their games…what’s their record if you do that?

Seriously though, wtf was that?? We bag on the coaches, and a lot of the time it’s justified, but how much different is the story on Mario and Dawson if George just…..catches the football?

Guy supposedly can’t throw, he’s a runner playing QB, so we come out and run play action on the first snap, WR is open, ball is perfect, and 3 just puts 1 hand out half-assed and doesn’t even come close to catching it? I’ve only seen it once but do I have that wrong? It looked perfect. The underhand throw to him too was probably a 50+ yard gain. The ball hit him in both hands, underhanded, from 1 yard away. My wife catches that ball 100 times out of 100.

So yeah man, Mario is a poor gameday coach. No doubt. But wtf are these kids doing a lot of the time? If we’re not going to win games play to play as coaches, the players kinda have to make plays when they’re there. Deadass….did Jacolby George have money on Rutgers?
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a non qb have as negative an impact as George had yesterday.
- Dropped bomb on first play of game that would have been a TD
- fought with a guy on the opposite side of field from the non-facemask call on Horton catch. 15 yard penalty
- dumbass holding penalty
- another 15 yard penalty for the extremely late hir
- fumbled the reverse for like a 50 yard loss.

Dude is in CBs faces literally all game every game pushing them after plays and **** starting fights. But he also was the guy that was trailing Brashard smith when he fumbled in that 80 yard TD to recover the ball for a TD. That was good effort

Dude is clearly talented and at least plays pretty hard. And could be a solid #2 WR here. But dude is an absolute idiot that didn’t just not learn from the mistakes he was making earlier in the year - he actually started making even more dumbass mistakes cappping it off with the single worst performance any WR has ever had here.

He’s got a choice to make - clean up the antics and make yourself a real NfL WR, or keep doing the **** you’re doing and never make it in the nfl.

Advertisement
Mario coaches the same way whether they are up by 14 or down by 14. There is never tempo or sense of urgency. They don’t take shots downfield and will continue to run between the tackles the entire game regardless of how many guys are in the box.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a non qb have as negative an impact as George had yesterday.
- Dropped bomb on first play of game that would have been a TD
- fought with a guy on the opposite side of field from the non-facemask call on Horton catch. 15 yard penalty
- dumbass holding penalty
- another 15 yard penalty for the extremely late hir
- fumbled the reverse for like a 50 yard loss.

Dude is in CBs faces literally all game every game pushing them after plays and **** starting fights. But he also was the guy that was trailing Brashard smith when he fumbled in that 80 yard TD to recover the ball for a TD. That was good effort

Dude is clearly talented and at least plays pretty hard. And could be a solid #2 WR here. But dude is an absolute idiot that didn’t just not learn from the mistakes he was making earlier in the year - he actually started making even more dumbass mistakes cappping it off with the single worst performance any WR has ever had here.

He’s got a choice to make - clean up the antics and make yourself a real NfL WR, or keep doing the **** you’re doing and never make it in the nfl.
And if I may pile on - dropped bomb with what appeared to be the most pathetic effort at a catch I’ve seen since a Mr Magoo Cartoon. So embarrassing we didn’t even get a replay.

The most recent mass success he saw was at bama before saban adapted
remember those 13-10 lsu bama games

Even those loaded bama teams couldn’t beat Manzel if he took a lead bc they still would bro style , saban adapted and hired lane

That’s what Mario wants to be that early saban bama offense
And he won’t adapt

Mario’s run to set up the run philosophy is not going to work. Can Alonzo reach him or is he also just collecting a
His presser on his Offensive philosophy

Attachments

• IMG_9625.jpeg
    IMG_9625.jpeg
    35.3 KB · Views: 0
Advertisement

its not just those few plays. It’s all over the game, all over the season for that matter. And discounting touchdowns is pure insanity. FSU went 13-0 right, now take a one it their touchdowns off the board in each one of their games…what’s their record if you do th

its not just those few plays. It’s all over the game, all over the season for that matter. And discounting touchdowns is pure insanity. FSU went 13-0 right, now take a one it their touchdowns off the board in each one of their games…what’s their record if you do that?
Mario wants to be the Rutgers of the south. That philosophy will yield you 8/9 wins per year with better than avg talent. It's not an offense that can recover double digit deficits, so you have to jump out and basically lead and hold on. The offense is also limited to your personnel being perfect when explosive or trick plays are called; very little margin for error. If you want to be a consistent bowl caliber team then this is for you; if you want to compete for playoffs or nattys, then you may be disappointed

Never, ever open up the offense unless you are down at least two scores.

And gosh forbid, if you are so fortunate as to ever take a lead, never, ever do anything but run the ball, keep the clock moving, and attempt to run out the clock. Play as conservative as humanly possible.

Even if there is 45, 30, or 15 minutes left in the game.
And that's the reason the the Ward family said "Thanks but no thanks". I don't blame them one bit.

Advertisement
I tried to yall this before he was hired. I wanted to bring in guys like Lane Kiffin, Tom Herman, and **** give Art Briles a shot at redemption before even considering Mario.

Honestly, Mario doesn't have a major advantage over those guys when it comes to recruiting either. Those guys had top 10 recruiting classes before. And, Art Briles didn't need a top 10 recruiting class to win 10+ games either.

And to ruffle some feathers, I wouldn't been mad if we gave Deion a shot. The reactions would've been epic. I seen JSU had a winning season after Deion left. And, they didn't have a winning season in over 20 years prior to Deion arrival.

Advertisement
Seriously though, wtf was that?? We bag on the coaches, and a lot of the time it’s justified, but how much different is the story on Mario and Dawson if George just…..catches the football?

Guy supposedly can’t throw, he’s a runner playing QB, so we come out and run play action on the first snap, WR is open, ball is perfect, and 3 just puts 1 hand out half-assed and doesn’t even come close to catching it? I’ve only seen it once but do I have that wrong? It looked perfect. The underhand throw to him too was probably a 50+ yard gain. The ball hit him in both hands, underhanded, from 1 yard away. My wife catches that ball 100 times out of 100.

So yeah man, Mario is a poor gameday coach. No doubt. But wtf are these kids doing a lot of the time? If we’re not going to win games play to play as coaches, the players kinda have to make plays when they’re there. Deadass….did Jacolby George have money on Rutgers?
Hey at least Mario sat George for all his **** ups and penalties

Never, ever open up the offense unless you are down at least two scores.

And gosh forbid, if you are so fortunate as to ever take a lead, never, ever do anything but run the ball, keep the clock moving, and attempt to run out the clock. Play as conservative as humanly possible.

Even if there is 45, 30, or 15 minutes left in the game.
Several high profile Cane Commentators tried to warn us prior to Cristobal's hire ...

Mario needs to learn to get out of his own way. Keep stacking the cupboards and trust your coordinators.

Advertisement
Back