Mario says "You better watch out".... LOL

Gonna have to factor in a few drops and I think 1 decommit.. not exactly a drop... but borderline.
Russell, Minaya, Day, Thomas, and like Frederique are the guys I could see moving on - though out of those 3 DBs, I’d expect at least 1 to stick. If Lyle flips I can see Wheatley-Humphrey leaving and us not fighting to keep him.

Advertisement
Gonna have to factor in a few drops and I think 1 decommit.. not exactly a drop... but borderline.
True, but with the way the calculator works I think the lower guys get lower value or weighted value based on the size of the class. I am unsure but I think that is how it works.

Regardless, right now we are at 278....say we add Mincey (I wont even add or speculate as to flips but he is uncommitted and we have been on him and with Raymond leaving UF I like our shot) we jump to 284.15....

Again, completely random, out of the bottom our class (3*) we have:

Murray (kicker)
Nino

Russell
McConathy
Judd

Minaya
OJ
Day
CWH
Plazz
Broussard
Bell
Mack

Thomas
Shavers
Pruitt

Assume the bold are safe as they are either actively recruiting for us or staff is high on them or its a **** kicker. If we lost Russel it moves us to (283.6) add Minaya we go to (283.2) + OJ (283) + Day (282.5) + Thomas (281.49) + Shavers (280.13)

So we could lose 6 TOTAL guys from low to high 3* status and only lose 3 class points. I mean on one hand great, yayyy class ranking, on the other, woof our evals better be on because the rankings do not think highly of these guys. If any of the bolded guys do leave, it would have the same impact if one of my guesses stay since they are all ranked similar.

Russell, Minaya, Day, Thomas, and like Frederique are the guys I could see moving on - though out of those 3 DBs, I’d expect at least 1 to stick. If Lyle flips I can see Wheatley-Humphrey leaving and us not fighting to keep him.
“Everything’s great,” Frederique said. “I plan on signing with them in December. We talk in a group chat every day. I’m in contact with (Miami’s staff) every day: coach (Mario) Cristobal, coach (Jahmile) Addae, coach (Lance) Guidry, all of them. …Right now, I’m pretty much locked in. I don’t see myself going on any other visits.”

Frederique adds it’s “100% Miami” and said he doesn’t feel anything could stop him from signing with the Hurricanes Dec. 20. He cited the progress Miami made on the field this season, his growing relationship with the Hurricanes’ staff and his belief in Cristobal’s system as reasons for his decision to lock in and stay home.

Advertisement
I won’t read too much from that short clip, but it sure looked like Ivins was not amused.

Looked like he was holding this in the entire time.

Angry The Office GIF

We need safeties so I'd hope we keep 1/2 from Thomas or Day. Agree with the other 3.

Advertisement
I would like to push out everyone you mentioned except Thomas and possibly Minaya. Haven't seen his full senior tape but he's a massive kid at an elite program. Early season tape looked much improved.

Day, Russell, Frederique, CWH, and Shavers is where I would start.

Advertisement
I would like to push out everyone you mentioned except Thomas and possibly Minaya. Haven't seen his full senior tape but he's a massive kid at an elite program. Early season tape looked much improved.

Shavers I thought was part of that Ravens crew, so not sure I see that. Same with Frederique. The other three (Day, Minaya, and Russell) though can find the door (though wasn't Day particularly a Guidry recruit?)

Shavers I thought was part of that Ravens crew, so not sure I see that. Same with Frederique. The other three (Day, Minaya, and Russell) though can find the door (though wasn't Day particularly a Guidry recruit?)
Do we care about keeping the Miami Gardens Ravens kids together bad enough to take 2 borderline prospects?

Fed is very close with Mack, JoJo & Chance. He’s not going anywhere.

Better chance of Pruitt, Lofton moving on (granted not being pushed out).

Shavers, Minaya & Day on the chopping block imo.

Advertisement
Do we care about keeping the Miami Gardens Ravens kids together bad enough to take 2 borderline prospects?
Well you're not saying to drop mack, so presumably you are too for some lol. I mean if prefer also getting lawayne McCoy at CB too...

Shavers hasn't had a good senior year? If he hasn't I could see him being on the block. Plus one of The two safeties in Day/Thomas. Think someone said one of them tore their ACL twice or some ****... That doesn't sound like worth the risk.

Last edited:
Wheatley Humphrey may play corner. And they aren’t dropping a kid from STA. The others I can see

I am not disagreeing, just was making point its not cut and dry especially consider some of the others we are still trying to reel in. One change is taking these a couple borderline guys is no longer a four-year commitment. Can't have half a class of reaches, but 3-4 kids who may be a project or used as a bargaining chip isn't a complete non-starter (especially as we build back).

Just in your opinion what sticks out with you for Thomas that you wouldn’t want him processed ?

Advertisement
Back