Mario post game on ACCN

Advertisement
When Flagg made that tackle it was more relief than joy. Like finally something went our way.

Mario looked like he just won a 12 round, split decision, title fight.
I had flashbacks of when Golden used to celebrate with the big hug of Doritos after squeaking by bottom dwelling ACC foes. You would have thought miami won the title. Hopefully his tenure goes a little better than Fat Albert lol

you play to win the game at the end and I hated we went for 2 in the second overtime.
My bad I had no clue they changed it to second overtime in 2021. I was just talking about how we beat Clemson when I was in high school in three overtime’s and we didn’t get the 2 point conversation in the third OT but Kenny Phillips intercepted Charlie whitehurst to win the game.

Lots complaining about this. If it was TVD I’d agree. But to put Emory in the hurry up at the end is more likely to end in an int than a scoring drive for Miami.

The way the D was showing out I trusted them in ot.
Totally agree. These kids are not robots. This is a true freshman starting his first game against freaking Clemson. You protect him as much as possible. Turns out it was the right call from Mario.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Someone really needs to help with quick processing and probabilities in terms of situational football. We've seen some wild stuff.
Many foretold of this when he was hired. Can't have that stuff if Canes are going to get #6.

Emory was confused af in the two minute drill, after he took 30 seconds for that one play, it was the right call to just take to OT imo.

Great win for the kids and the defense played lights out. Despite Mario trying to lose this game we won. I have been saying for 2 years UM needs to hire an assistant coach that makes ALL DAY GAME DECISIONS DURING THE GAME FOR HIM. Mario played to lose last night but the kids rose to the challenge.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back