Stroud = Cali
Hooker = NC
Maye = NC
Caleb Williams = VA
Bennett = GA
Young = PA (played in Cali)
Levis = CT
Pickett = Jersey

Bottom line, find the guys that fit your system, have high football IQ, high work ethic, and hands down want to compete their asses off.

The most recent Heisman winning QBs arent even from Cali

Burrow = OH
Jackson = FL
Mayfield = TX (Lake Travis produces ridiculous QBs)
Murray = TX

Advertisement
I know what you all mean
Do you really believe that QB talent is only in Ca. ? ...............
hit me sherlock holmes GIF by BBC
I just spit out my coffee....

And Wright was not just any Cali QB. He was the Consensus #1 HS Recruit in the nation when we signed him. Inaccurate as ****.
It didn't help that when he threw a good pass, it was often dropped. I swear, we lead the football world in drops there for a few years. Never forget, it was around that time when we were so short at WR that our punter took reps in practice at WR. Just a pathetic state of affairs back then. There was no reason for Miami to not have enough WRs.... EVER.

It didn't help that when he threw a good pass, it was often dropped. I swear, we lead the football world in drops there for a few years. Never forget, it was around that time when we were so short at WR that our punter took reps in practice at WR. Just a pathetic state of affairs back then. There was no reason for Miami to not have enough WRs.... EVER.
That was the WR crew with Lance Leggett and Shields, wasn't it?

Advertisement
That was the WR crew with Lance Leggett and Shields, wasn't it?
I am unsure if Shields was in that group, but I know Leggett and Ryan Moore were. Also, as good as Greg Olsen was, had the dropsies here at times. Usually on 3rd down. I don't remember ever seeing as many 3rd down drops as what Miami had back then.

Don't get me wrong, Wright was still a mess, and his OL was worse than him, but I am still surprised he completed anywhere near 60% of his passes with his inaccuracy and drops.

Advertisement
I am unsure if Shields was in that group, but I know Leggett and Ryan Moore were. Also, as good as Greg Olsen was, had the dropsies here at times. Usually on 3rd down. I don't remember ever seeing as many 3rd down drops as what Miami had back then.

Don't get me wrong, Wright was still a mess, and his OL was worse than him, but I am still surprised he completed anywhere near 60% of his passes with his inaccuracy and drops.

Don't recall Moore having many drops. Moore actually had a pretty good combine, but I think His off the field problems scared teams away.

Imo, Wright had no shot. That OL would give any QB PTSD, & the WR core was Uber talented on paper, but hands were made of paper, too. And u’re absolutely right on Greg; he had that problem w/ my Bears, too. It was so annoying & frustrating, but he became an all time great in Carolina after about his 3rd yr in the league.

Recruiting an area is the fallacy that has gotten the Canes where they are - you don't recruit area, you recruit talent.

The Canes got lost on that, because it worked three decades ago, when no one else was recruiting So Fl. Then Coaching staff after coaching staff tried to rely on it. They got lazy and saved on the travel budget with the love affair with Dade/Broward, but ended up with way, way too many street-agent over hyped (extra star because of geography, and un-coachable) recruits.

Advertisement
Recruit California QB'S. west coast produce the best QB'S. Get your **** on the road and revampe our team. WE WILL SEE how good you are on recruiting. If not I want a refund. Plus, get rid of homer GATTIS and let charlie strong be our DC. PERIOD
Wow, thought Texas was the birthplace of top QBs.

Advertisement
We need to dig deeper at crootin all positions. I remember when Pennsylvania was know as QB central. Sure, Cali, GA, TX produce some good ones, but tbh, they're all over the place really. Gotta cast the right next for all our crootin needs

Advertisement
Back