Coaching Mario on XL Primetime 1010 today

Advertisement
Cliff notes (side note - you should listen for yourself.. *runs through brick wall after*:
- Immediately starts to talk about upgrading the tranches with Searcy. Emphasis on both sides of the lines, has a to be a mentality.
- Cut us open, and Miami is in our blood. Not going home, going to where he lived and died for the U.
- 4th Quarter Program is the ultimate test of accountability, etc.
- Seeing last two decades of UM Football hurt...
- Mario hype af for everyone being bought into Miami (community, alumni, athletics, etc.).
- Goals are so high, borderline unreachable.

Good interview. Nothing new or insightful on this years team but I could listen to Mario talk about Miami all day.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don’t know if UM will be a top 5 program consistently again but man we finally have the right guy as HC. He is always such a genuine, passionate interviewee and you can tell he wants this to work so badly.
Agreed. I just want one title run with Mario before I die lol.

Advertisement
Was watching the Pivot Podcast with Warren Sapp and Sapp was talking about how the RT is mostly always the weakest lineman out of the 5...and Sapp started naming a few exceptions in NFL history and Fred Taylor made sure to correct Sapp a few times and say "Leon Searcy" was absolutely an exception that to myth. You can tell Fred had a real admiration for Searcy.

Loved the story Searcy told about the 1991 FSU game:

The QB was getting clobbered and the run game was stalled. We were down 16-7.

So the OLinemen told the OL coach to squeeze the line. The coach said no. They did it anyway. We went on to score 10 points and win the game.
Kehoe gonna Keyhole!

Advertisement
Leon is a great dude. He use to hang at my bar all the time until we went non smoking. Dude will take a pic and chop it up with any hurricane that approaches him. He's the total opposite of Sapp. One of his best friends is named Howard and hes a huge FSU fan. Its to funny listening to them go at each other. Howard has his own Cigar brand now and I think Leon might be involved with him in it. Leon loves his cigars. Thats all I got for you fellas. lol .

Mario was on SiriusXM radio a couple of days ago. Did a short 8 minute interview.

“Everyone says The U is back the U is back. The U is back to work. That’s the only back we’re talking about right now.”

What’s your deepest position group?

“We’re not deep anywhere.”

Advertisement
Back