Mario on Sirius XM Radio

I’ll play devil’s advocate; I don’t think it’s a good thing. Ur staff have to be incredibly in sync. Too many personalities & it can be essentially become too many cooks in the kitchen. A HC is going to have monitor the temperature of their on field staff to make sure it’s seamless.
Cover 3 podcast just talked about how Saban was so good at who he was hiring to his staff, what their responsibilities were, and holding them accountable to program expectations.

In comparison, Napier has a really large staff and it's a **** show. Cause he doesn't know how to hire the right people, why he's hiring them, and holding them accountable to program standard.

Advertisement
I’ll play devil’s advocate; I don’t think it’s a good thing. Ur staff have to be incredibly in sync. Too many personalities & it can be essentially become too many cooks in the kitchen. A HC is going to have monitor the temperature of their on field staff to make sure it’s seamless.
It's just more ego management for a he's head coach. More distractions. Can't see that as a positive.

We already have too many advisors.

Advertisement
I would argue for more coaching time and not more coaches.
I don’t know what the minimum is for college athletes to be considered full time students. But if it’s 12 credits they have a whole lot of **** time on their hands.

I remember 12 credits plus 20-25 hrs of part time work and I still had plenty of time.

Even just adding 10 extra hours would be a plus. Not to mention now with nil you would want those young players to have more time on campus than outside.

It's just more ego management for a he's head coach. More distractions. Can't see that as a positive.
Maybe but it also allows you to keep coaches that are just really good coaches and add the recruiters/coaches who really kill on recruiting, but don’t want to be just recruiters even though that is their value without having to make choices.

To me, that’s the key point is how many coaches will continue to be allowed to be on the recruiting trail on the road. Less about whether the analysts or new hires as coaches can coach on game day

Advertisement
This is just a way to admit they made a rule (analysts can't "coach") that is impossible to enforce (manpower)

The real question is "follow the coach" from HS to college. If you're an analysts, and can coach, can the player still not follow you bc it was an "on field role" loophole before

I’m tired of the lame *** take a knee jokes

But seriously **** it. How many coaches does it take to take a knee?

We clearly need all the help we can get but more isn’t always better either

Whose job will it be to tell Mario to not take a time out at the opponents 43 yard line to punt the ball?

I know we all reference the taking a knee, but there are 2-4 times a game where Mario seems downright clueless. You notice it doesn’t happen nearly as much on defense where he is more removed.

Like I said, I don’t “think” it’s a good idea. Do u know how many coaches hire “analyst” who are former coaches looking to revive their careers? Again, my whole point is making sure the staff is in sync & managed. That’s all.

Too many cooks in the kitchen, well you know how that goes. You'll have players who get along better with coach whoever, assistant to the assistant whatever, and it'll cause divides on the field.

Advertisement
Honest question as to why you and @Rellyrell see this as a negative in comparison to an NFL staff? In the NFL they have more on field staff and only a 53 man roster where as college has an 85 man roster. Wouldn’t the addition of more on field coaches allow for better teaching at each position? The management of staff is always an issue at any level regardless

Advertisement
Honest question as to why you and @Rellyrell see this as a negative in comparison to an NFL staff? In the NFL they have more on field staff and only a 53 man roster where as college has an 85 man roster. Wouldn’t the addition of more on field coaches allow for better teaching at each position? The management of staff is always an issue at any level regardless
Management of staff or a lack there of comes down to the individual managing them. I simply know we have enough distractions and agendas. I'd prefer we limit that. Not expand it. We're in a good place right now. We finally have cohesion for the most part. Also when you discuss an NFL staff it's very different from college for numerous reasons. Mainly they are gave titles much like musicians are gave credits. Very few of them are counted on for anything more than basics. Coaching however is far from what they do.

Management of staff or a lack there of comes down to the individual managing them. I simply know we have enough distractions and agendas. I'd prefer we limit that. Not expand it. We're in a good place right now. We finally have cohesion for the most part. Also when you discuss an NFL staff it's very different from college for numerous reasons. Mainly they are gave titles much like musicians are gave credits. Very few of them are counted on for anything more than basics. Coaching however is far from what they do.
Understood and thank you for the insight

That and they're interacting with professional athletes. Big difference right there as well. Speaking facts on this subject.

Why would anyone not named Bama, UGA, OSU, Texas, etc. advocate for this? You wanna go up against programs with 30 on field coaches who are allowed to recruit against you, when you only have the budget for 20?

Advertisement
Back