Mario needs to get out of his own way - did anyone else see him slap Dawson's arms away?

cyrez8

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
This is not Dawson's offense that we saw early or his play calls. The obvious runs into 8 man boxes are wasted plays.

Mario needs to trust his OC and be hands off or he's going to fail here no matter the amazing recruiting.

The effort is there and the team is improving and will likely be 7-5 this year but it could and should have been a much better year.

Side note: did anyone else see Mario slap Dawson's hands away a few times in that final critical drive as we was addressing the O or was I just seeing things? Anyone got video?

Last edited:
Advertisement
This is not Dawson's offense that we saw early or his play calls. The obvious runs into 8 man boxes are wasted plays.

Mario needs to trust his OC and be hands off or he's going to fail here no matter the amazing recruiting.

The effort is there and the team is improving and will likely be 7-5 this year but it could and should have been a much better year.

Side note: did anyone else see Mario slap Dawson's hands away a few times in that final critical drive as we was addressing the O or was I just seeing things? Anyone got video?
I don’t have video but yea I saw what you saw. It looked like he was pointing/talking to the player/players going in for the play and Mario was looking like don’t do that in order not give away who was going to line up for the play.

Ah I see. Then a smart move by Mario who knew that we were on camera. OK great, appreciate the clarification.

Advertisement
Good call by Mario..don't want opposing teams stealing our signs or they'll be able to stop us from scoring
Hot Sauce Crying GIF by First We Feast: Hot Ones

Advertisement
Maybe the ink on our play sheets is of poor quality - and smears so badly the only legible play after two minutes that's left readable is the last play on the last sheet on the bottom - "UP THE MIDDLE," placed there as it's not worth a tinkers dam, and rarely works.

Should someone point out that there's this thing called "Play Mix?"

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back