Mario needs to…

Mi.Cane

Recruit
Premium
Call a team meeting today. Walk up to every single player, shake his hand look him in the eye and say I screwed up and took that W away from you, forgive me and it won’t happen again.

Then to the entire team, tell them the same thing again and add I need your help right now to pull me and this program back up by putting one on UNC Saturday. Accountability starts with the HC. Anything short of that and I’m not sure the team sticks together.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Instead, in the locker room, he talked about ball security and why it’s so important and why it needs to be taken seriously on every play.

In their defense, Chaney was begging for a chance to get 100 yards and they let him get it. What happens when you put stats and accolades over the team… exactly what Mario tries to preach. Broke his own code.

On the flip side., he’s done this before and I’m not even confident enough to say he wouldn’t have been running the ball either way even if Chaney was already over 100 instead of taking a knee

Instead, in the locker room, he talked about ball security and why it’s so important and why it needs to be taken seriously on every play.

In their defense, Chaney was begging for a chance to get 100 yards and they let him get it. What happens when you put stats and accolades over the team… exactly what Mario tries to preach. Broke his own code.

On the flip side., he’s done this before and I’m not even confident enough to say he wouldn’t have been running the ball either way even if Chaney was already over 100 instead of taking a knee
How do you think the players react to all this heading into UNC?

Advertisement
How do you think the players react to all this heading into UNC?
I don’t think I’ve ever seen Miami take an embarrassing loss and turn it into anger and take it out on their next opponent.

Fully expect us to get drubbed. Maye will torch us and UNC’s defense is turning out to be legit. I would have said this before last night happened.

Personally, I think UNC wins the conference and is a playoff team. I told someone else that as soon as Walker was announced as eligible. That was the missing piece

He did the same thing at temple last game. Didn’t matter but this dude lost all credibility with anyone worth a **** last night. When he smugly says “right” a million times in his pressers, justifiably so much of the time, ain’t working no more. Total and utter failure and fraud. Recruit like a maniac to no understand the most basic football

Last edited:

you seemed plugged in Jay what with the rumor that KB pulled X late so that TVD would look at other receivers?

Advertisement

IDK how accurate this is but Shodell is saying that Chaney had the 100 yds BBEFORE the fumble play. He is saying Chaney finished with 106 yds.

take it for where it comes....

Advertisement
And then he should call up a ex head coach.. preferably one that knew how to manger in games..

Hire him as a game day consultant. Have him following him up and down the sideline.. giving him advice on what to do.
What are we paying Mario to do? Eat potato chips for 80 million dollars?

I think he will own it. This will lead to something horrible or something great.
He didn’t own it. In the press conference he said he “should have stepped in and said take a knee” also mentioned ball security and everything else.

A guy who actually believed he blew the game and felt that it was truly his fault and his fault alone, would’ve walked up to the mic, and said “this is my fault and only my fault. I apologize to everyone in that locker room, and everyone associated with the program. I also want to give a special apology to Don Chaney. I put him in that spot. His fumble was my fault. I will not let this happen again. Have a good night.” And then walked off.

Advertisement
Back