Mario Cristobal

Ehhhh I no longer dislike Cristobal. Maybe when he was working with Golden he knew/thought Golden wasn't the right man and wouldn't be able to take Miami to the next level. Coach and learn under Saban or Golden? Hmmmmmm

When he left so quick, I had the same suspicion.

Of course, it is a possibility that Cristobal got here, sat in on some meetings, and realized this is not something he wanted to be attached to. Then again, as you suggest, how many folks get the opportunity to work with Saban?

Golden? Saban? Golden? Saban?

Man, that's a hard one, there.

Advertisement
Gary Ferman locked his Mario Cristobal thread and he blames UM for losing Cristobal.

As I understood it Cristobal just walked in and announced he was leaving for Nick Saban and Alabama and if I was either Blake James or Al Golden I wouldn't have negotiated with a guy on the job for little more then 30 days. How Ferman comes up with Miami at fault is beyond me but he's the guy that had Jon Gruden a shoe in here as the next head coach and Al Golden the new head coach at Penn State. Mind you he didn't describe the official procedures Penn State was required to go through to hire a new coach which would have precluded Al Golden's immediate and imminent hiring as we were led to believe. That crap really hurt our recruiting.

What I would like him to explain is why should money have meant everything to Cristobal after 30 days on the job? Where and when do the words "loyalty, honesty and integrity" come into play?

Advertisement
Back